Intercontinental Miami

huxlemo

We are staying precruise next weekend at the Intercontinental Miami. Is there a place to buy wine and other items near by? If so, how far of a walk is it?

Anyone that has stayed at the Intercontinental and drove there, can you park your car and go in and out of the lot? I know there is a per day charge, just want to make sure we can leave when we want.

There is a CVS that is located about a five or ten minute walk from the hotel and they have wine.

Also since you have a car there is a Publix that is located about a 10 minute drive from the hotel and it is adjacent to Mary Brickell Village. It has an excellent selection for wine and I have been going there before each of our cruises that leaves out of Miami

Keith

There is a liquor store that is about a 5min walk from the IC on SE 1st St. You walk up Chopin Plaza from the IC and cross Biscayne Blvd and it's about a block up SE 1st St from Boscayne Blvd. Not sure what the selection is like as they were closed when we went by on Sunday night.

There is also a CVS right on Biscayne Blvd in between the IC and Bayside but closer to Bayside and on the opposite side of the Blvd. We didn't use this but did use the Walgreens a couple times on E Flagler that runs parallel to SE 1st St. The did sell wine and beer I believe. I bought some 1.5L water bottles to bring.

There is a liquor store that is about a 5min walk from the IC on SE 1st St. You walk up Chopin Plaza from the IC and cross Biscayne Blvd and it's about a block up SE 1st St from Boscayne Blvd. Not sure what the selection is like as they were closed when we went by on Sunday night.

There is also a CVS right on Biscayne Blvd in between the IC and Bayside but closer to Bayside and on the opposite side of the Blvd. We didn't use this but did use the Walgreens a couple times on E Flagler that runs parallel to SE 1st St. The did sell wine and beer I believe. I bought some 1.5L water bottles to bring.

Your directions are great.

The CVS has wine and was one of the places I mentioned and is very conveniently located as you note.

The Publix will have a far better selection of wine than CVS and I don't remember the liquor store having wine or if they did I don't think they had much of a selection.

Keith

Your directions are great.

The CVS has wine and was one of the places I mentioned and is very conveniently located as you note.

The Publix will have a far better selection of wine than CVS and I don't remember the liquor store having wine or if they did I don't think they had much of a selection.

Keith

Thanks...we had just got home when I posted this so it was still fresh in my mind. It was funny seeing all the cruisers stocking up with cases of water outside Walgreens. I've never carried water on but my friend needed to stop in and I bought a few bottles to drink overnight at the IC and had a couple left over the next day and brought them on.

Archived