Oasis review 6/11-6/18, WARNING, LONG!

Wendy,

Enjoy this special time with your mom. I enjoy traveling with my mom as well. We hit Vegas once a year and have even gone to Italy together, with me driving!!!

Don't try to do it all, don't forget to find little hideaway spots that aren't super crowded. My very favorite was at the end of deck 7 by the rock walls. You could either have your chairs face the ocean, or the aqua theaters. Extremely comfy and very few people there.

If I may also suggest, try one of the frozen mojitos! I've been trying to replicate it ever since I arrived home for my extended shore excursion...

Happy Sailing!

Liz in Kingwood

ps. Make sure they know it is your birthday! Both your head waiter and your room steward. They seemed to love celebrating with you. BEST crew I've had...

Thank you Liz - I am very lucky to travel with my mum. We have a great arrangement - I pay and she drives!! Frozen mojitos on my list and my birthday is noted on my reservation although if I get anything it will be great but if not it doesn't mattter as I will be on the Oasis!

Hey Mr. Alt, thanks for reading my review! Your foodie guide was a major part of my trip planning so thanks again for that! It was long for me, but not compared to yours... :-)

Oasis was a real treat and I'm thrilled that I actually get to check out another line as I was given a comped cruise on Epic and sailing next month! I look forward to seeing the similarities and differences, to me, it will always be a great cruise, you're on the ocean for Pete's sake!!

Wendy, these are things we will fondly recall when we're old...

Have fun with your mom!!!

Liz

Hey Mr. Alt, thanks for reading my review! Your foodie guide was a major part of my trip planning so thanks again for that! It was long for me, but not compared to yours... :-)

Liz

I'm glad you found it useful. :)

Hey Liz, great review!

As to the Chef's Table, we, too, were disappointed that we did not receive the apron and cookbook, so I went to guest services and complained about it. When I booked it, the gifts were part of the package and that is what I told them. My book and apron were delivered to our stateroom the next day! You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

Thanks to the OP for a great review.

My take on the cookbook....When we attended the Chef's Table there were 2 singles at the table. Everyone received a cookbook and apron. My thought was they paid for their meal and received one, we paid for two meals and received one. I guess I figured we paid for two meals and each of us should have received one. I guess one is better than none.

I understand what you're saying and have wondered that as well. As we received neither, I have thought that perhaps Oasis ran out of them and haven't replenished or that they've raised the price AND dropped the extras. We treated our group of six to this dinner and would have loved for them to receive these, especially after mentioning to them that we would get them. My MIL said she wondered about it at the time, but as I mentioned, I'd had waaayyy too much wine to think of cookbooks or aprons. I had a winding staircase to maneuver!

Still a great evening but at $95? I'd have to think twice...

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

Now I feel really bad that we all got the cook books and aprons. The meal was amazing and we had a great table. I didn't have to say anything - they came out with the cook books and the aprons. I also got an extra dessert because it was my birthday.

Brianalt - in case you read this I want to thank you for your review. It was due to you I tried all the restaurants and we had a blast! Chefs Table and 150 Central Park vie for top place!

Wendy

Brianalt - in case you read this I want to thank you for your review. It was due to you I tried all the restaurants and we had a blast! Chefs Table and 150 Central Park vie for top place!

Wendy

Wonderful. :D Glad you enjoyed.

Archived