Legend of the Seas, is it being sold?

Is the Legend being sold off?

I was looking at the RCI site and noticed that there are no sailings on the calendar after March next year.

There are some very cheap deals in Asia for the next few months, maybe it's not proving profitable for them.

I know the RC have a subsidiary line in Spain who they offload their old ships, much like Carnival Corp do with P&O Australia.

Having been on the Legend 3 times I can honestly say that it's far better than the Jewel and P&O could do worse than to buy it to replace the Sun.

Paul

Is the Legend being sold off?

I was looking at the RCI site and noticed that there are no sailings on the calendar after March next year.

There are some very cheap deals in Asia for the next few months, maybe it's not proving profitable for them.

I know the RC have a subsidiary line in Spain who they offload their old ships, much like Carnival Corp do with P&O Australia.

Having been on the Legend 3 times I can honestly say that it's far better than the Jewel and P&O could do worse than to buy it to replace the Sun.

Paul

Maybe we should buy it Sludge? :D..start our own cruise company..??? Have it based in Freo?

We could make the first cruise a mystery cruise (lets say a cruise of the Somali coast) :)

So for you guys that have been on this ship, tell me all. I have found a cruise I want to book in January, I would like more info on the ship itself. Please don't direct me to any reviews I have already read them.

And wouldn't it be great to have it based out of Freo, being a Perth girl. Has to be better than Athena and Pacific Sun by far.

I think we are the poor cousins

So for you guys that have been on this ship, tell me all. I have found a cruise I want to book in January, I would like more info on the ship itself. Please don't direct me to any reviews I have already read them.

And wouldn't it be great to have it based out of Freo, being a Perth girl. Has to be better than Athena and Pacific Sun by far.

Hi Kat :)...this class of ship what I remember was pretty modern for its time..I have just come of the Jewel and that was o.k but the Legend was better and that was 10 or so years ago and it would have had to have a refurbish to come over this way (others may know more)..I do remember it had a large night club and all the lifts worked :D..It will definatley be better than the Sun or Athena lol...yes for a rich state we have a Gilligans Island fleet of cruise options :confused:

Hi Katkell

Firstly I have to agree with you about the poor cousins bit. The thing that annoys me is they advertise the Pacific Sun as a luxury cruise in the sunday supps.

I have been on the Sun and it is anything but that, a 26 year old, 47,000 ton ship built for 1500 pax that they fill up now to nearly 2000, believe me steer clear of that one! I haven't been on the Athena but I have heard good reports about it, it's just a bit old and small for me.

The Legend well what can I say, we have been on this ship 3 times out of Singapore.

We love it, the overwhelming feeling you get is one of space. We have been on her when it has been full and still you can find a quiet place.

The food was actually not as good as we have experienced on P&O Australia, but there is not much in it.

P&O also win out in the entertainment stakes but in every other department it is so much better than the Jewel.

It's great that us West Aussies are having a say now, before it was all about "Oooh here's another shot of the pacific Sky coming up the harbour aren't we lucky to have a ship like that here" Only joking gang, don't start on me again!

Sludge

Hi Kat

We were on Legend in 2008 in Mediteranean, our first RC cruise. Absolutely loved every minute of it. The ship, though an older ship, is beautiful and the staff were fantastic. Would highly recommend it as it holds a special place in our hearts.

If you are happy to do the Asian itineraries, I so go for it, we just prefer longer cruises than what they are offering there.

Happy sailing

Sharon

Hi Kat

We were on Legend in 2008 in Mediteranean, our first RC cruise. Absolutely loved every minute of it. The ship, though an older ship, is beautiful and the staff were fantastic. Would highly recommend it as it holds a special place in our hearts.

If you are happy to do the Asian itineraries, I so go for it, we just prefer longer cruises than what they are offering there.

Happy sailing

Sharon

If I can put in my two penneth, I agree, they should have longer cruises from Singapore, there are fantastic destinations to visit and a 7 to 10 day would be much better.

Paul

Archived