Eclipse concierge class

saphir

Depends on the cost, length of cruise, how much use you'd receive out of the perks, how much enjoyment you'd derive from the perks, which concierge class stateroom you are picking, and which room you'd be going with otherwise.

Hi Saphir,

I’d say it depends on how much the UPGRADE to the next class would cost.

We were lucky enough to snag a C2 Class Cabin on the Solstice mid January for just $ 47 more vs a 1A Cabin ($ 20 each for Cruise Fare + the extra 50 cents each per day for Gratuities).

The $ 47 extra is a HUGE advantage in that is now means we get more perks…

Bon Voyage Package (Bottle of Champagne, Fruit Basket, Flowers) – Nightly Canapes – Nicer Robes – Fancy Showerhead – Priority Booking / Seating Assistance for the Specialty Restaurants or Spa Appointments – Pillow Menu and Upgraded Bedding – Bigger & Better Bath Towels – Laundry Discounts - Upgraded Balcony Furniture - Expedited Embarkment & Disembarkment (although other Celebrity Cruisers say that “can be in name only”) – a wider selection on the Room Service Menu (especially for Breakfast) – and most importantly 2 CAPTAINS CLUB Credits rather than just 1 for the cruise.

For us it was an easy choice… especially as we booked so far in advance, and were also able to reserve one of the Cabins “on the hump” with the larger balconies.

My $ 47 Extra… puts me actually a few hundred dollars ahead of the game IMHO (Example... when I was considering the 1A Cabin, I had looked at purchasing a Bon Voyage Package and it was going to cost me somewhere around $ 75 alone)

Cheers!

I'll follow your advice. Only $ 20 / person. Of difference between 1A and C2. Do you know if the bed is near the balcony in the C2?

**Another six long months to wait ....

I'll follow your advice. Only $ 20 / person. Of difference between 1A and C2. Do you know if the bed is near the balcony in the C2?

The bed location alternates from cabin-to-cabin, has nothing to do with stateroom category. Half the C2's have the bed near the bath and half near the balcony. Some of the C2's have significantly larger balconies, so if you go with a C2 try to book one that is on the slanted portion of the hump. These balconies range from just under double to just under triple the normal size. $20 is a very good price difference between a A1 and a C2. Definitely worth going for even if most of the perks do not interest you.

For me, I wouldn't have bothered.

I was looking at a simple clear view veranda room, however I was offered a C3 at £400 less per person (£800) than the price of a double+ veranda.

Personally the extras are not much to entice me to pay for them.

TO SAPHIR,

Of course YOUR experience may differ... those were the rates quoted on our cruise mid January (booked now 2 weeks ago).

I certainly thought my $ 47 was a good investment !!

:):):)

As to bed location... somewhere on the Celebrity Board I read that the location was dependent upon whether the room was designated to have an upper berth (sleep 4). Those rooms and the Queen Bed is most definitely AWAY from the Balcony as the upper birth is stowed on the side of the room closest to the Sliding Glass Doors. (Otherwise, someone implied that if you book a 2 person room, then the Queen Bed is CLOSEST to the Balcony).

Not sure if that info is 100% correct... but I did read it.

Cheers!

We like booking CC's on M class ships, as the rooms are a touch bigger. On the S class, the rooms are all the same size (below suite level). The other "extras" aren't that important to us.

Archived