Bus tour from Skagway to Yukon

Casey2

While in Skagway we would really like to go into the Yukon. Neither DH or I want to drive. The trip through RCLL does the train one way, and the bus into the Yukon but doesn't go as far as Emerald Lake. There are several bus tours that parallel the train and go out to Emerald Lake making all the stops in between. The tours are about 6 hours long. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations as to which Tour group to use?

While in Skagway we would really like to go into the Yukon. Neither DH or I want to drive. The trip through RCLL does the train one way, and the bus into the Yukon but doesn't go as far as Emerald Lake. There are several bus tours that parallel the train and go out to Emerald Lake making all the stops in between. The tours are about 6 hours long. Has anyone done this? Any recommendations as to which Tour group to use?

Hi--we went with an outfit called Southeast Tours---was a lot of fun---small van (maybe 8 people), driver was very knowledgeable, stopped whenever we wanted for pictures, or to look around--we went as far as Emerald Lake and went horseback riding. I think the cost was about $150 US per person. I found them to be very reliable and profesional. For what its worth, I have not been on the train, but have read here, that while the road parallels the tracks, you dio see some different scenery from the train.

Archived