Le Havre to Honfleur

huskerdu

Hello All -- arriving via Princess for one day in Le Havre, on Sunday, July 17. Car rental not an option since it's Sunday. Princess has a four-hour excursion to Honfleur for $59.00, per person. Would like to spend more time in Honfleur. Question -- does anyone know how much a taxi, for two people, would cost from the dock to Honfleur? (Taxi rates I find on-line are for hiring a taxi for the day, or part of the day) Thanks for any help/info. you can share.

There's no train to Honfleur.

The route is served by a very infrequent bus service, even worse on a sunday. On a sunday, the only possible bus service is the No 39 express, leaves Le Havre bus station (gare routiere) 10.45, arrives Honfleur 11.09. The bus stop is very close to the harbour at Honfleur. The only bus back is the 39 express, leaves Honfleur 6.14pm, arrives Le Havre 6.49pm. You'd need a taxi hop between pier & bus station, so the return bus is only good for a safe back-on-board time of 7.30pm or later.

Most folk go by taxi or maxitaxi, hired at the quayside, and fix a return time with the driver.

I've only ever done it in my own car so I don't know the cost. But you can almost certainly share a taxi with others, either arranged on board with table-mates or others that you meet, or by hooking-up on the pier.

It's about 15 miles, 20 - 25 mins e/w, with a toll of about €4 for the bridge

4 in a taxi would surely be no more pp than ship's bus, & probably quite a lot less.

John Bull :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived