Guaranteed room on Carnival Pride

Conway733

We are looking to book our first cruise on the Carnival Pride for Nov 13. What does a guaranteed room mean? If we book a guaranteed balcony, does that mean we could get a balcony with obstructed views? Also, do people normally book on the Carnival website, or through one of the thousand othe websites? Thanks for your help!

We are looking to book our first cruise on the Carnival Pride for Nov 13. What does a guaranteed room mean? If we book a guaranteed balcony, does that mean we could get a balcony with obstructed views? Also, do people normally book on the Carnival website, or through one of the thousand othe websites? Thanks for your help!

If you book gty balcony you could end up with a 7A obstructed but if you book 8A balcony gty there will be no obstruction. I have used a TA in the past but I use a PVP thru Carnival now.

Only spirit class ships even have osbtructed balconys.. which ship are you booking? Most dont have them.

Guarantee means any balcony carnival could give you. I would book direct over one of the sites, so if there is something like a price drop you dont have to go thru the TA for everything.

We are booking Carnival Pride, which I believe is a spirit class?

yes, I see it now in the title, sorry I was just looking at the body of your post.

You could get a 7A, not that those are awful, but yep its possible.

sorry.

OP, please indulge one quick question which came to me as I read your post. What is the benefit of a guaranteed cabin other than it guarantees you a room in a particular category? Is there a big difference in pricing for this "wait and see" selection, otherwise why wouldn't someone pick the cabin they want right away? I'm only asking because on our last cruise we booked ES and picked our location and cabin #. I didn't realize there was any other way to do it, or why would someone do it that way, yet I see this mentioned on the boards all the time. Ok.. I guess that was technically two questions. Thanks for indulging me :)

I do not think you can go with a cat 8a gurantee any more. I think its a guarantee balcony booking.

Yes, you could get a 7A. you could also get an extended balcony but they still overlook lifeboats- you will not see down into the water.

so if any of that would bother you- do not book a guarantee rate.

OP, please indulge one quick question which came to me as I read your post. What is the benefit of a guaranteed cabin other than it guarantees you a room in a particular category? Is there a big difference in pricing for this "wait and see" selection, otherwise why wouldn't someone pick the cabin they want right away? I'm only asking because on our last cruise we booked ES and picked our location and cabin #. I didn't realize there was any other way to do it, or why would someone do it that way, yet I see this mentioned on the boards all the time. Ok.. I guess that was technically two questions. Thanks for indulging me :)

People like the chance to get a free upgrade. doesnt happen as much on carnival as with other cruiselines. Iv done really good on guarantees with RCL.

sometimes its a small upgrade, only a couple of categories, sometimes more. At worst you get what you paid for.

For someone like me who isnt as stressed as a lot of people about which cabin, it can be a good deal.

Pack n gos are only guarantees for instance.

Not a big ES fan.

It costs less because you can use a funsaver rate.

Archived