Drinks Prices on RC

ste1200

Hi, I cruised with P&O earlier this year and found the drinks prices to be very reasonable. We are thinking of going next year and are considering Royal Caribbean, however after speaking to a few people, they said the drinks prices on there were significantly higher. Can anyone comment on this please ?

Thanks

Steve

Hi, I cruised with P&O earlier this year and found the drinks prices to be very reasonable. We are thinking of going next year and are considering Royal Caribbean, however after speaking to a few people, they said the drinks prices on there were significantly higher. Can anyone comment on this please ?

Thanks

Steve

drink menu EOS

Hi, Steve....

Yes, P&O bar prices are much cheaper, and there's no 15% added, which is something that happens on RCI.

You may find that ships with expensive bar sales are sometimes a little cheaper in the beginning than P&O, so it may equal out in the end.

If you're travelling on the Independence of the Sea from Southampton, they've dropped the 15%....but the drinks prices have increased by 15%...

The other ship where that happens is sister line Celebrity- the Eclipse sails from S'ton, and has dropped the 15% tip on that ship only.

Jo....from up the road....

Cheers Jo, I think we will stick with P&O tbh, the itineries suit us and I was very happy with the cruise generally. My wife was considering RCI as the entertainment on P&O leaves a little to be desired and thought RCI was more of a fun option.

Win some, lose some, Steve....I've had reasonable, and very good on P&O- as I have on other lines. Read a few reviews for RCI, and people will say the same about that....

Hope you have a good cruise- we try to go down by train these days, although the changing can be a bind....:)

Jo

Archived