Best way to get to newark airport from Cape Liberty

misty57

This is a bit of a variation on a previous question posted, but I have an 11:30 flight after our Explorer cruise. It sounds like the terminal set up is different from any other I have been to. If we carry our own luggage off, how long do you think it will take to get back to the terminal ( via the shuttles?). Will there be taxis waiting for hire to take us to the airport, or should we arrange a car ahead of time?

Should I just try to change the time of our return flight? I'm a little confused.:confused:

This is a bit of a variation on a previous question posted, but I have an 11:30 flight after our Explorer cruise. It sounds like the terminal set up is different from any other I have been to. If we carry our own luggage off, how long do you think it will take to get back to the terminal ( via the shuttles?). Will there be taxis waiting for hire to take us to the airport, or should we arrange a car ahead of time?

Should I just try to change the time of our return flight? I'm a little confused.:confused:

I'd book a car to be safe.

you get in the taxi line and they put you in a cab...possibly with others...there is a shuttle of sorts....but you'd have to wait til it was full...

you'd probably make the flight, but if you can change it without much hassle and/or extra cost, i would go a bit later.......

Hi Misty 57. We just got off the Summit yesterday. We elected to disembark on our own and were told to line up at 7:15 on deck 3. We got there right at 7:15 and the line was already long, but many ended up in line behind us. I'd estimate we were half way back in the line by the time we started disembarkation. We didn't actually start to disembark until about 7:45 but once we started it was really quick. We went out and got on a bus and there were 4 buses so there was really no waiting - as soon as one loaded it left and by then there was one back to load again. Customs was a breeze and we walked into the big tent and down to the taxi sign. There was someone there to greet us and said a taxi would be $47 plus tip plus tolls or there was a shuttle for $17 per person. I asked how long the shuttle would wait to fill up and she said if you go to the shuttle you are the last 2 and it will leave immediately. We took the shuttle and it left - 20 minute ride to the airport. We weren't actually flying but going to get a rental car - he took us to the rental car facility and we had our car by 8:30 and were on I-95 headed south by 8:45. I gave him $40 ($34 plus tip) - piece of cake.

Hi Judatt;

We are also booked on the Summit for July 24th. Our flight is at 12:05PM leaving from Newark.

What time do you suggest that we start lining up of the self-debark ?

Thanks

do not line up until they call you to line up....crowding the stairways is against US Coast Guard regulations....and sometimes US Customs and Immigration will give people a hard time.....the ship will announce when you should do this.....you never know what time the ship will get in and clear (though in bayonne it is usually on time...)

Archived