Nativeway-- tell me all about it

jbitzer

Sailing on Freedom on Aug. 21 sailing. Was going to use Captain Marvins, but was put off by the most recent bad reviews. I just read the Nativeway vs. Capt Marvins thread.

Native Way is very similar in pricing and am looking for specific information.

I am looking at these two tours:

Stingray, Coral and Starfish

reef rays and rum point...

I am leaning more towards the Stingray Coral and Starfish for a few reasons 1) cost, 2) we do like to snorkel.

What is included? Food or beverages? ( I don't think so)

Is it an easy pick up /drop off?

Thanks

Well I haven't done those particular tours with Nativeway but I have used them twice for the Stingrays, Turtle Farm, Hell tour and HIGHLY recommend them. I have not had one bad thing to say about them either time. For the price they were great. Obviously the stringrays were the highlight and they were awesome. Both times the staff were great and helpfull and full of information. I don't think you will go wrong with them.

We used Nativway last year. They were awesome! We did the Rays, reef and Rum Point. There were only sixteen of us on the tour. Very personable service! The captain will help you to hold and kiss a stingray. Did the Rays first, then snokeling. On the way to Rum Point the Captain will pass out menus for lunch at Rum Point. He orders it and it's ready when you arrive. Rum Point is one of my favorite beaches in the world! Try the Mud Slide drink and find a hammock on the beach. So relaxing! You will not be disappointed with this tour.:)

My family just got back from our cruise and we all agreed that our excursion with NativeWay MADE the trip! We had 11 people, so we opted for the private charter. Our guides, Thomas and Andrew, were AMAZING. Our group's ages ranged from 14-75, and every single one of us had a great time.

We first went and fed the stingrays. There was another group of about 50 people on the other side of the sandbar- they did not look to be having as much fun as we were. Andrew showed each of us how to kiss a stingray - which will give you 17 years of good luck according to the locals. They let us each feed several stingrays, and waited until we were all ready to go before setting off for snorkeling.

While snorkeling, our guides caught a lobster and let us get up close and personal with it. They dove for starfish so we could hold them – they found 4 total for us. My brothers (14 and 20) had a blast jumping/diving/ doing flips from the upper level of the boat while the rest of us were snorkeling.

After snorkeling we went to Rum Point where lunch was waiting for us. I think out of all of us, we tried everything that was available, and everyone enjoyed their food.

We had about an hour and a half to relax on the beach of Rum Point, and then we headed back to the shore. My youngest brother wanted to jump off the boat again, so our guides stopped halfway back and let us all take turns jumping from the upper level of the boat. They even took pictures of all 6 cousins jumping off the boat at the same time.

Once back to shore, they drove us back to port, and we still had time for some shopping before heading back to the boat.

I would HIGHLY recommend NativeWay – ask for Andrew and Thomas. They were hilarious and made sure we all had a great time!!!

• 5 weeks later...
Sailing on Freedom on Aug. 21 sailing. Was going to use Captain Marvins, but was put off by the most recent bad reviews. I just read the Nativeway vs. Capt Marvins thread.

Native Way is very similar in pricing and am looking for specific information.

I am looking at these two tours:

Stingray, Coral and Starfish

reef rays and rum point...

I am leaning more towards the Stingray Coral and Starfish for a few reasons 1) cost, 2) we do like to snorkel.

What is included? Food or beverages? ( I don't think so)

Is it an easy pick up /drop off?

Thanks

we did the rays,reef n rum point..This company was the absolute best, took extra special care of grandparents and a total of 7 on our tour and we were 5 of them!! Lunch was xtra but only about 10 each and so delicious I want to go back!!..

Choose them you wont go wrong

we did the rays reef and rum point. I can't tell you how much fun we had. Thw stingrays were amazing. the snorkling was good at the reef alot of fish. when we were heading to rum point the guide stopped at for some more snorkling for star fish. Rum point is good and lunch was included. They also did pictures witch you can purchase for $60.00 on a cd. great pictures. If I can ever fgure out how to post them I would. You can"t go wrong :cool::D

Are they still in business? I tired their website but it says it has been "suspended".

Just received the following email for the owner/operator of Nativeway...

Everything should be fine SOON...

Hi Karen,

I just learned that our site has problems. I just contacted our web master and should have things corrected today.

Thanks for your help.

Sharon Ebanks

I have never been snorkling before and neither has anyone in our party except for my best friend. Do they show you how to snorkel? Is snorkeling better in Grand Cayman or Cozumel? I'm a bit nervous but excited too!

On our recent excursion with Nativeway, neither guide asked if anyone needed help or instructions in snorkeling, or if anyone needed a life vest, for that matter. I'm not the best swimmer, and we were in water that was probably 25 feet deep, but I did okay. They did throw out a small yellow rope that you could use as a guide back to the boat. I would let them know that you need a bit of instruction when you get on the boat. Our guides, Everton and Solomon, were very nice and we enjoyed our day.

on the reef, rays and rum point it says you get a picnic lunch and plenty of beverages. Could you tell me what the picnic lunch consists of and is there beer included in the beverages? thanks!

Water and punch are available on the boat. A menu will be passed out prior to leaving for Rum Point. They order and it is waiting when you arrive. Iced tea or water is included. Alcohol is available at the bar. Food is typical beach cafe fare ie. hamburgers, Mahi, chicken sandwiches, etc. My memory is fading from a couple of years ago but, a search on this site may reveal the menu, as I have seen it before. We are booked again in a couple of weeks. I can hardley wait! :D

just booked native way! thanks for all the advice everyone!:D emailed them and got confirmation within a few hours, will post review when we get back in march

You will have a great time

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I have used Nativeway 3-4 times but it has been a few years. With the Stingray city and Island tour is the turtle farm admission price included in the price of $60. Thanks for the info.

Yes it has been included the 2 times I have booked with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked for January - can't wait to meet the stingrays! Any comments on cost of drinks at Rum Point?

Also - is it possible to add a side trip to the rum cake factory with their driver? Was in GC 2 years ago but the weather cancelled our rays tour so the island tour took us to eat cake - and it is great (plus I am out of all that rum we bought there ;)).

Also - is it possible to add a side trip to the rum cake factory with their driver? Was in GC 2 years ago but the weather cancelled our rays tour so the island tour took us to eat cake - and it is great (plus I am out of all that rum we bought there ;)).

I'm no help about if they'll take you there, but we were in GC last year and did a "tasting tour" with the ship that included the Tortuga rum cake factory. We were leery as we drove up, but actually really enjoyed it. And, it wasn't just the cake we got to taste, but the rums too! Would love to go there again too!

• 3 weeks later...
Ok ya'll have convinced me, just booked the rays, reef, n rum point for April, can't wait! HB is dead set against the rays (think Steve Erwin) but I made an executive desicion about this one :)

Steve Erwin was a FREAK accident and a truly wild ray. These rays are wild but they are also very used to human contact. I've done it twice and you have nothing to worry about. As long as you watch where you step and don't step on a rays tail you will be fine. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived