Infinity, Just back!

DawnCt

We just returned from the Infinity which sailed the Millie's itinerary of the Easter Carib. and we had a great time. The ship and the crew did not disappoint. There were those who complained about the food and service in the dining room but we consistantly had very good meals and sometimes we had excellent meals. The beef dishes were always good, and although I heard complaints about the prime rib, I thought mine was just fine. The rock lobster tail was not great but then its not New England lobster so if that is what you need, skip the lobster. I had a filet mignon served with it so I was quite satisfied. I had some doubts about Casa De Campo but we did the Bayahibe Beach break and despite some clouds and rain on the return to the ship, it was a fine excursion. Those whom I spoke with who went into the town of La Romana enjoyed it as well, describing it as a "slice of life". In St Thomas we took a cab to Redhook and sailed with Captain Sharon on the Winifred. It was a great excursion with only 5 passengers altogether. Lunch was included as was a stop in St. John and Caneel bay. Cost; $100 pp. On the way back we grabbed a taxi/safari type vehicle and took the long way back through the hills. It was a great tour. After we were let off at the shops at port, I noticed 15 minutes too late that I had left my beach bag in the truck which by then was long gone. It was my favorite tote with my perscription sun glasses, towels, sunscreen etc. I could have lived without it but I would prefer not to. I approached about 20 cabbies, half of whom were not interested in helping, the rest didn't know "George" and finally one gentleman recognized the description of the vehicle, knew George and his taxi number. He gave me the number to call and I was patched through to George who graciously drove back to the port from Donkey Hill and returned my bag to me 10 minutes before boarding. I was very grateful to George, cab number 1078 for taking the time to do this, to the security people at the gate and the other cabbies who used their cell phone to check and see how far away George was. I was amazed to have it returned to me and gave George a good tip. I wasn't looking forward to Nassau. We had been there before and we weren't impressed. This time however we took the ferry to Paradise Island and accessed Cabbage Beach just passed the Sheraton. We were met immediately by a vendor who sold us parasailing. $45 pp. We had a great time. We were on the boat for about 90 minutes and the views were beautiful. I would parasail again.....just not tomorrow. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] We had lunch at the Sheraton by the pool and took a dip. As long as we were spending money, no one complained. As far as Nassau is concerned, I would return and surprisingly I found I could actually spend three or four days on Paradise Island and have fun. Disembarkation was fine. We got off in plenty of time for our 12:10 flight and there were plenty of taxis. I should also add, precruise, we loved the Marriott Hotel and Marina. The room was on the small side but we enjoyed our view of the Marina, the pool and the water taxi, particularly for the $65 per night through Priceline. My 16 year old son met a lovely girl last year on our Explorer cruise. She and her mom picked us up at our hotel and we had dinner and Carlos and Pepe's. A good place for Mexican food. Any questions, please post.

Dawn,Ct.

Dawn,

I am glad you had a great time. So did we. I did not want to getoff the ship.

I don't know how anyone could have complained about the service. The Open Seating Breakfast and Lunch was the best service I've ever had and our Waiter, Bruno, was by far the most oustanding waiter I've ever had. I am so jealous of everyone that has cruises planned on Infinty. They are going to be so happy.

Well, take care.

Anne Maria

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

We have also just returned from Infinity. The cruise was wonderful. This was our second time on Infinity and the ship is still just as beautiful. My only complaint on this trip was the one entertainer, the magician. I thought he was terrible. All the other entertainers were good. As for the food, I enjoyed almost all of the dinners I had. I find it pretty difficult to complain about anything that Celebrity does. This was our 10th trip with Celebrity and as far as my husband and I are concerned, there is no other cruise line!!!! We have a 14 night cruise planned on December 18th, on the Zenith. We have sailed on Horizon, but this is our first on Zenith. I just can't wait to be treated like kings and queens again. Our cabin stewart was wonderful, our table waiters were great, as for the tours they were just ok..... Let's face it, Celebrity is just hard to beat.

Rich Clessen was the cruise director. He was pretty good.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

Hi Dawn,

Glad you had a great time on the Infinity! That is so neat to hear about the taxi driver, George. It's great to hear that there are still helpful, honest people in the world. I'm not sailing to the same area, but if I were I would ask for George!

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

I also just returned from the same Infinity trip. It was our first cruise and I am scared to death to ever go on another cruise . . . I don't know how another cruise could ever measure up to the perfection that we had on Infinity!

From the moment that we stepped foot onboard until the moment that we stepped off, we were treated exceptionally. Our cabin service was wonderful, our service at dinner was exceptional and the Celebrity singers and dancers far exceeded my wildest expectations.

Cruise director Rich Clessan was friendly, attentive and outgoing; and always around! We saw him every day somewhere on the ship.

The activities staff was warm, friendly, and engaging; especially Natalie, (what a sweetie!) The spa staff was superb; in particular Suzanne who did my spa treatments, she was a lovely young woman. Our dining experience was perfect; Marco the asst. maitre'd, and Raul our server were magnificent. We received excellent service throughout the cruise from Jhon from Columbia who served us drinks; he was so friendly and kind and always went out of his way for us.

We also enjoyed the string quartet before dinner; the beauty of their music made my heart swell and brought tears to my eyes.
I don't know how you manage to assemble such a group of excellence in one place, but I am certainly glad that we were able to benefit from their greatness!

I am still floating from a wonderful experience!

Kathryn
First Time Cruiser
4/18/04
Celebrity Infinity

Archived