Skeptic becomes believer

fla742

Hi Bill: I'm a little confused. It sounds like the above poster got an email from AZ about tickets for Carnival. We are booked on the same cruise but we haven't had anything by email from AZ at all. How do I make sure we get these emails. Things like tickets to Carnival are really important to us.

Thanks!

Hello Mozays –

I’m checking on the email procedures related to the Rio Carnival Parade and whether receipt of that email is a requirement for purchase. I think not; however, I want to validate my opinion and will get back to you.

In the meantime, I went to the North American Azamara website and found that the shore excursions, including the Rio Carnival Parade in box or grandstand seats, were listed for the 10-night Carnival in Rio voyage. They are available for purchase now.

I’ve mentioned that our website is a work in progress and that our website team is at work building a new full shore excursion search function. In the meantime, here is how you will be able to find shore excursions on our website:

Go to the “Community” Tab (far right) on the top menu bar and after your click the “My Azamara/Account Login)” it will be the first item on the drop down menu; then after your click, a page appears that will feature on the left side a navigation bar that lists four topics with the last being “Book Shore Excursions.”

After you’ve clicked on that, the “Shore Excursions” page appears. Go the PDF icon to download the “Shore and Land Excursions Brochure” to enter your specific voyage for full detail about our excursions. Hopefully, this shortcut will work for you: http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com...ochure/view.do

I appreciate your understanding and patience while our new shore excursion search function is completed. I will let you and others know about the email.

Enjoy your holiday in Rio next year on the Azamara Journey!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Well, all I can say to everyone reading this thread is that we have just returned from Quest's July 9th Nice to Rome cruise 2 days ago and it was the best cruise we have ever taken. From Captain Carl Smith, Cruise Director Kirk Detweiler and Hotel Manager Philip Herbert down to the bar and maintenance staff - everyone just wants you to have the best cruise of your life - and tries very hard to make that happen. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

No-one need have any worries about the Az onboard experience - it is superb. OK, sometimes the shoreside Admin team let things down - nothing in life is perfect, but once onboard you will have the time of your life.

I just can't wait to get back onboard! :)

Well, all I can say to everyone reading this thread is that we have just returned from Quest's July 9th Nice to Rome cruise 2 days ago and it was the best cruise we have ever taken. From Captain Carl Smith, Cruise Director Kirk Detweiler and Hotel Manager Philip Herbert down to the bar and maintenance staff - everyone just wants you to have the best cruise of your life - and tries very hard to make that happen. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

No-one need have any worries about the Az onboard experience - it is superb. OK, sometimes the shoreside Admin team let things down - nothing in life is perfect, but once onboard you will have the time of your life.

I just can't wait to get back onboard! :)

Hello Lottie A -

Thank you for those wonderful comments on the forum about your time on the Azamara Quest. Also, I appreciate your time and effort in sharing your positive outlook in the way in which you handle short-term disappointments.

The feedback from Cruise Critic will help us soon deliver a seamless shipboard and shoreside experience.

We can’t wait until we can welcome you back onboard sometime very soon!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Mozays –

I’m checking on the email procedures related to the Rio Carnival Parade and whether receipt of that email is a requirement for purchase. I think not; however, I want to validate my opinion and will get back to you.

In the meantime, I went to the North American Azamara website and found that the shore excursions, including the Rio Carnival Parade in box or grandstand seats, were listed for the 10-night Carnival in Rio voyage. They are available for purchase now.

I’ve mentioned that our website is a work in progress and that our website team is at work building a new full shore excursion search function. In the meantime, here is how you will be able to find shore excursions on our website:

Go to the “Community” Tab (far right) on the top menu bar and after your click the “My Azamara/Account Login)” it will be the first item on the drop down menu; then after your click, a page appears that will feature on the left side a navigation bar that lists four topics with the last being “Book Shore Excursions.”

After you’ve clicked on that, the “Shore Excursions” page appears. Go the PDF icon to download the “Shore and Land Excursions Brochure” to enter your specific voyage for full detail about our excursions. Hopefully, this shortcut will work for you: http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com...ochure/view.do

I appreciate your understanding and patience while our new shore excursion search function is completed. I will let you and others know about the email.

Enjoy your holiday in Rio next year on the Azamara Journey!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Mozays –

I’ve received confirmation that it’s not necessary to have received an Azamara email reminder prior to purchasing tickets for the Rio Carnival Parade on the Azamara Journey’s Rio Carnival voyage, February 15, 2012.

In the meantime, reservations will be ensuring that all booked guests have been sent the email reminder about Carnival tickets, since bookings for the Carnival Parade close on August 10, 2011.

So if you’re a booked guest on that specific cruise, you can go online now and reserve your tickets.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill. In response to your earlier note I went online and have purchased our Carnvial tickets. What was interesting is that while I've read complaints about the excurisons being much more expensive than local deals, I checked a couple of ticket seller sites in Rio and found they were much more expensive and did not include transportation, a guide, or a seat cushion. We are delighted to have secured our tickets through AZ!

Archived