Disembarkation Time at Southampton

Maverick911

Hi

First time to Princess cruises and first time on Cruise Critic so please be gentle :o

We arrive at Southampton on the Crown Princess at 0500 on 4th August 2011. As we are UK based we are not in a rush to catch flights etc so would appreciate a breakfast before we set off home.

My question is what time will we have to vacate our suite and the ship.Will we be able to breakfast before disembarkation?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi There

You will be able to get breakfast, but not room service, Princess likes you to be out of your cabin by 8 to 8.30approx you might be able to stay on as late as 10.00am. If you ask nicely.

But I would look to leave the ship by 9.00am

If porter says its only a ten minute walk to the railway station do not believe them its a 30 minute hike.

Taxis can be in short supply so often a short wait, more taxis outside port but this is a ten minute walk pavements not good.

yours Shogun

We decided to not request any actual time (you get a booking form mid way through your cruise) and as we were independant travellers (i.e. parking at the terminal ourselves) we were assigned 09.00 departure.

You will need to vacate your room by 08.00 however.

We sat in the princess theatre for half hour first and were at our disembarkation point just after 08.30 where our group was called. We were in our car 15 minutes later.

Easy

Hi

First time to Princess cruises and first time on Cruise Critic so please be gentle :o

We arrive at Southampton on the Crown Princess at 0500 on 4th August 2011. As we are UK based we are not in a rush to catch flights etc so would appreciate a breakfast before we set off home.

My question is what time will we have to vacate our suite and the ship.Will we be able to breakfast before disembarkation?

Thanks in advance

Dave

If you want to take your time that morning, specify "latest possible departure time" when the disembarkation forms come around a few days before. We did this on our last cruise when our flight was later in the afternoon....I'd rather hang out on the ship as long as possible as opposed to the airport!

Hi

Thanks in advance

Dave

We requested the latest possible disembarkation which was 9.45am

You will usually have to vacate your room by 8am. Breakfast is served in the Main Dining Room until 8.30am.

So, we go and have a very leisurely breakfast just after 8am after which it is more or less time to head to the designated metting place for the dismembarkation group you have been allocated to.

Leaving in one of the last groups also means there is very little baggage in the baggage hall to wade though. Also we have never had a problem with getting a taxi at Southampton - there were several lined up and more kept coming. This can though depend on the number of ships in port.

Edited by Sauvignon

Hi

If you are in a full suite (not a mini-suite), you can have room service the last morning. I am not sure if you need to order it the night before.

Between a breakfast in the dining room or one in the buffet area, I suggest the dining room as it will be much more relaxed and enjoyable. On disembarkation day, the dining room breakfast hours will be earlier than usual, possibly from 6:30 to 8:30.

If you are in a full suite (not a mini-suite), you can have room service the last morning. I am not sure if you need to order it the night before.

Between a breakfast in the dining room or one in the buffet area, I suggest the dining room as it will be much more relaxed and enjoyable. On disembarkation day, the dining room breakfast hours will be earlier than usual, possibly from 6:30 to 8:30.

I agree. If you have the time, relax and have breakfast in the dining room. You can bring your carry-on with you.

One reason why they ask that you vacate your cabin by 8am is so they can prepare the cabin for the next passengers. Princess is great in that you can go directly to your cabin after checking in and boarding on embarkation day rather than have to wait on the Lido until 1-2pm before the cabins are ready (like on Celebrity).

If you're assigned an earlier time, just don't leave then. Leave when the last group is called. No one ever checks to see if you're walking off at the assigned time. As long as you're off with the last group, you'll be fine.

I second the idea of going to the dining room for breakfast. Some of our very best meals have been on the last morning of a cruise in the dining room! The wait staff is usually in a good, relaxed mood and it's usually pretty empty, resulting in great service and food.

• 4 years later...