NOLA to San Juan

crisp1

We're booked and almost packed. Our daughter who's attending UNO called and said she may be able to come along. I did a quick search for airfare and it's more than the cabin. i'm not familiar with airlines that fly out of NOLA. Are there any independant lines? Or other airports she could fly from? Thanks

Are there any independant lines? Or other airports she could fly from?

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to both of your questions is no; thus the higher fares that your are uncovering.

One other thought that only makes some sense because there are no direct flights from MSY to SJU, and that is to take Southwest Airlines to FLL and then Spirit Airlines from FLL to SJU. Southwest is currently having a fare sale. So, if you can secure an "Internet special", and there are connections that you must build yourself that are somewhat logical, the resulting fare would be some $50 less than what you would find using a common fare search site. (Note that this type of flight arrangement would not show up in a search as all sites that I am aware of do not include Southwest Airlines.) Keep in mind that Southwest doesn't interline bags with other airlines, thus one's bags would need to be picked up in FLL and rechecked.

Archived