Crusing Pregnant

I sailed with both of my children while preggers. Once at 16 weeks and with the next one at 21 weeks. Both were great cruises! I got a prescription for Zofran for nausea just in case. I did need it on the 2nd cruise because a hurricaine was in the gulf and it was very a very rocky boat. You can pretty much eat everything except sushi,mahi mahi or alot of fish due to mercury poisoning. No drinking of course but I was fine with lemondae and water. Just stay hydrated and wear lots of sunscreen, the pregnancy hormones make you more susceptible to sunburn. Do as little or as much as you want and relax and enjoy your babymoon.

I want to say Gratz also! I thought about trying for another one (I really want a girl!!) but me and the hubby decided it wasn't the best idea in the world.

I do want to stress the red and bolded in the quote!! I have never cruised while pregnant (I was 17 and 20 when I had my boys so.. money wasn't a fun thing!) but we did go to visit my husbands parents in Texas when I was pregnant with my 2nd. This was in 2001. I never, ever in my life had gotten sunburn before in my life. Even with sunscreen (some low FPS probably) I was not able to move for 4 days. I actually STILL have the lines from it on my back, 10 years later.

Long ago I cruised pregnant.

The baby is now 28.

I remember feeling really bad.

I also remember gagging on water and crying.

I really wanted a hamburger, but I was too sick to go to the dining room. They would not let me have it in the cabin.

It was in the olden days. :)

Then I got one of those cruise ship mystery sicknesses.

And even worse DH got it too.

We were too sick for two days after we got home to get up.

No food in the house.

But we still had fun...most of the time.;)

28? are you sure this isn't when ships didn't have stabilizers, and only one oar?

I am loving all the stories and tips! i will definetly wear sunscreen, Im fair skinned to begin with so im always careful. I will also drinks lots of water and get a prescription from my doctor for motion sickness. I am very excited. Keep the stories and tips coming I love it!

Congratulations!!

Just wanted to add that Sea Bands are a great option as well, and can help you avoid taking meds. I could have never cruised while pregnant, as I was vomiting non- stop for 6 months with all 3 of my kids, but I used the bands with some success on land while pg and at sea while not.

I also saw some posters suggested mint and ginger, which were also great remedies for me. Good luck and enjoy this very special time! Hope you have a blast.

Archived