Sweet Bread Recipe Request

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2015 at 11:08 PM, Kartgv said:

A couple of years ago after becoming addicted to the bread on a Radiance cruise around Australia, I experimented and adapted the recipe for my bread machine. Yummy!

RCI Cranberry Bread (Halved & Revised for Bread Machine)

½ cup water, lukewarm

¼ cup milk

1 tablespoon rum or Amaretto

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla extract

½ stick butter (1/4 cup), room temp.

Zest of ½ lemon

1 pound flour (about 2 ¼ cups)

2 Tbsp. sugar

¼ tsp. salt

1 (¼ -ounce) package dry yeast

1/4 cup raisins

½ cup dried cranberries

1 egg yolk, beaten lightly

Sliced almonds

Note: Follow your own bread machine’s sequence of ingredients if it differs from mine!

1. Place liquid ingredients in bread machine bowl, then add softened butter and lemon zest.

2. Mix flour, sugar, and salt lightly, then spoon into bread machine bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top of flour.

3. Turn machine on, set on “Dough” cycle. After dough is thoroughly mixed, open lid and add cranberries and raisins or nuts. Continue cycle.

4. At end of Dough cycle, remove dough from machine. Lightly knead on floured surface. Divide dough into 6 roughly equal portions. Roll each portion into a rope about 15-18 inches long.

5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray. Transfer 3 rolls to the baking sheet (crosswise on baking sheet, or use 2 separate baking sheets) and braid, tucking the ends under. Repeat with remaining 3 rolls. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

6. Brush braids with egg yolk and let rise for another 10 minutes. Brush with egg yolk a second time and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

7. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until nicely golden or until loaves sound hollow when their undersides are thumped. Note: watch closely for the last 5 minutes – if bread starts to get too brown, cover loosely with foil.

8. Cool on wire racks completely before slicing.

Special treat: Slice into 1 inch thick slices and use for French Toast!

9 years later and I'm so glad this is here! I got a bread machine for Christmas and I've been looking for this one. I love this bread. Thank you so much!