Carnival's Beginner SCUBA Diving in Cayman

Debbierpof

Has anyone done this excursion in Grand Cayman? I'm wondering since it says it lasts 3 hours, if this is a one-tank dive. The description of the excursion isn't great... Didn't care for the description of the one in Cozumel (since it said no underwater photography). Thanks!

I've done Carnival's "Discover Scuba" excursions in both Cozumel & Grand Cayman. Both are 1 tank dives. I think these "Discover" dives always are.

I am certified, but both times I was cruising with non-divers and I just wanted to get them in the water to share my passion.

The instruction was better in Cozumel, but not that bad in Grand Cayman.

In Cozumel we walked into the water from the beach and did our practice in chest high water. In Grand Cayman we did our practice in a pool and then jumped into the water from a dock.

Both dives were nice and we saw plenty of sea creatures both times.

We had plenty of time for food & drink before returning to the ship at each.

If I were to choose between the two, I would pick Cozumel. Nice beach, great food and drinks right there, and they provide equipment so you can snorkel at your leasure after your dive.

Has anyone done this excursion in Grand Cayman? I'm wondering since it says it lasts 3 hours, if this is a one-tank dive. The description of the excursion isn't great... Didn't care for the description of the one in Cozumel (since it said no underwater photography). Thanks!

I believe most "Discover Scuba" programs do not allow the students to take a camera with them.If not,they should in my opinion.Scuba diving does have some inherent risk involved.Task overloading is not a "good thing" in this sport.I have witneseed experienced divers screw up while messing with a camera.If you become distracted, you could lose control of your bouyancy and shoot to the surface. This could cause an AGE or lung expansion injury, and yes these things can KILL you.Best to play it safe when learning the fundamentals of this sport.

I do know some operations videotape or take pictures on the dive that they offer for purchase afterwards.

Archived