Transfers Southampton to London

HubbieO

Depending what your doing, last year we took the train FROM London to Southampton. Very easy. We even booked through MegaTrain for a very cheap rate. When we arrived in England we took the tube from Heathrow in to the city. Again very doable. You just need to find stops with more than just stairs, as carrying your luggage could prove difficult.

It is a cheap taxi ride to the train station and the train is very easy to take into London. On that stop I would NEVER do a transfer. We purchased our train tickets when we got to the station however during the ride into London the conductor/"train ticket checking guy" he sold us an upgraded train/subway pass to include our 2 day stay in London. The train will take you into Paddington and from there (because of luggage) I would take a taxi to your hotel if remaining in London for a few days. IF going to Heathrow - its an easy transfer to the Heathrow express train

Depending on how much luggage you have, the train can be difficult. I have struggled getting on & off the cars with multiple bags in the past.

Most recently, we used Airport Rider. I highly recommend them.

Alan picked us and another couple up from Southampton after our transatlantic cruise on the Eclipse. We had tons of luggage between the two couples, and it all fit nicely in their minivan.

After our stay in London, we were picked up from Greenwich and taken to Heathrow.

Both times the drivers were very prompt, professional and courteous.

You have the option of paying ahead of time via credit card, or paying in cash when you are dropped off. We paid via credit card (capital one venture card doesn't charge foreign exchange fees) and tipped in cash.

If you have any questions about their service, I would be happy to help.

http://www.airport-rider.co.uk/

Jennifer

Does anyone know if Celebrity offers transfers post cruise to London (not Heathrow)?

Thanks.

Hi,

They only appear to offer trips/ transfers to Heathrow.

You could get the train from Southampton Central to London Waterloo (you would need to change trains if you wanted to go to Paddington. A very short taxi ride to station where you could purchase a travel card which in addition to covering the train journey, would include travel on London Underground & Buses.

You can find more about London (Southampton) under Ports on this site

Jim

Thanks for the replies! One more question...

Where do crusie transfers from Southampton to Heathrow let pax off? Do they stop at each terminal, or just at the central bus station?

Thanks.

We got off in Southampton and went to Heathrow in private car, booked thru Smithtotheairport. I would check with them, would guess they would also provide service to London. You can find them by doing a google search. You do need to pay in GBPs at the end of the transfer and can make reservations over the computer. We were very pleased by the service. I believe we paid something like $200 - well worth it with a lot of luggage.

Archived