Transfers and Insurance questions

We are going on LOS in Novemeber and need to get our transfers and insurance lined up. We were going to do this through our travel agent, but it seems like ever since she got our deposit, she is no longer interested in helping us and is annoyed when I call or email a question. :mad: So my question is: Will the travel agent be able to get a better deal on the transfers and insurance, or am I going to just as well to make the calls and set it up myself. And does naybody know how much RCCL charges for the transfers from Tampa to the pier and back?

i am sorry to hear about your TA. They gie other TA's a bad name. The transfers cost the same whether you buy it or your TA does. It just would be nice if you didn't ahve to worry about it. My TA is great. I don't have to worry about anything. She handles all my cruises.

Crusin 05

Ann25

You should find another TA and have the reservation transferred over. It'll teach the original TA when they lose their comission

Is it possible to transfer the reservation without losing it or having to pay the added cost (our cruise is now about $350 more pp than when we booked)?

You don't need a travel agent for either. As for insurance go to insuremytrip.com and you will get different rates and companies. It cost less than if the travel agent would have gotten it for you through the cruiseline. As for transfers, we don't purchase them. We take cabs and find them to be cheaper than the transfers and less of a hassle. We are on the ship earlier than if we purchased transfers because you have to wait for all the other flights to come in before they bring you over to the ship.

It's easy to get it insurance on-line, which we ALWAYs do now! :) We took a cruise for our honeymoon in '97 and our TA didn't get around to getting our insurance taken care of and with everything else going on we forgot. :eek: You guessed it ... we needed it in a bad way. My husband came down with the chicken pox the second day on the boat! I'm serious! He was quarantined to the cabin and I couldn't leave him without terrible guilt.

I'm happy to report we are going on our third cruise with our family next December!

I have to agree with the others. Find a TA that will take care of the details and transfer the booking. As long as the booking number is the same you won't lose any money.

Many places, I prefer to use taxis for transfers. Cost is sometimes the same, a little more or a little less but definitely faster. With RCCL transfers, you have to wait for the bus to fill up before they leave. In most port cities the taxis know when the ships arrive & line up.

My TA get our insurance from a company she has used for years so she takes care of it.

Norma

Is it possible to transfer the reservation without losing it or having to pay the added cost (our cruise is now about $350 more pp than when we booked)?

If the agent wants to work for it, they will change it over without you having to cancel or pay any fees.

Archived