USAir Philadelphia-Venice nonstop choice seat?

cadburysmom

I just booked USAirways Philadelphia-Venice nonstop for my upcoming cruise in August.

Roundtrip airfare was under $1k so grabbed it. Only problem is seat assignment on return flight. Only window available was row 28, two rows from back of plane. Only other option is paying $30 extra for a "Choice Seat" in row 10 and wondering if it's worth it.

On a domestic flight, I wouldn't even consider paying extra but an 8-9 hour flight makes seat location more important. Checked guru.com and looks like the Choice Seat in row 10 is located in a portion of the cabin separated in front by Envoy class and with a partition between row 12 and the rest of regular class seating. I'm guessing this makes it more cozy, is quieter and gives a better view of the overhead movie screen...yep, no seatback screens, bummer. :cool:

Could anyone who's flown this route/aircraft offer some advice.

Thanks in advance!

If nothing else, I'd pay this to be closer to the front of the plane so I'd get off more quickly. That puts you ahead of all those behind you in the plane to go through immigration, though perhaps this is not so important if it's your return flight.

The back of the plane is noisy, has more motion, and it's by the bathrooms. I wouldn't sit there.

We ended up in the back of the plane for our US Airways flight back from Rome. We were on rows 35 & 36, and were 3 or so back from the back. The plane you mentioned must be smaller. It wasn't so bad, at the time the only location we could get 5 seats together.

But the seats are small with little footroom. Having a screen on the back of the seat in front of you though was definitely better than not. Take your own ear plugs, they charge $5 on the plane.

Archived