Handicap rooms (question)

Howard-Moore

I have a friend who would love to book a cruise but she needs to know a few things regarding a handicap room.

1) Her son must bring his Hoyer lift. Will there be room to slide the 2 legs under the bed?

2) What are the dimensions of the bedroom and of the bathroom?

Thanks in advance for the help. I am trying to make this easy for her. I know she will have a great time on a cruise. :-)

I would contact special needs.

On Carnival the cabins really are pretty much the same size as a regular cabin. RCL they are about double size with HC cabins, but not on Carnival.

go to cruisedeckplans.com and look at the s.f. of whichever ship you are wanting to know about then look for your category. ..I believe the older ships bathrooms are a tad bigger than on newer ships... but thats just eye balling them. Bathrooms are sure not very large.

Beds are twin beds.

The bathroom can accommodate a wheel chair in the shower.

The cabin has no sofa- things sit low to accommodate a chair.

If looking for a handicapped cabin make sure its a true one and NOT a modifed one.

We are cruising Ecstacy in just a few weeks. We booked the FULLY ACCESSIBLE cabin. It is much bigger than the typical interior. I am assured that with all the paraphenalia we are toting... we will be fine. I have an electric wheelchair, manual wheelchair, 65 cans of formula, and all the luggage. We shall see.

Archived