Booking a certain cabin

Hia all,

Hubby and I have recently booked the Eastern Wonders transitional cruise from the Red Sea through the Suez to the Med on the Celebration in April 2012 and chose an outside cabin on Deck 1 / 2 because it's an 11 day cruise and I tend to get a bit stir crazy after one week in an inside cabin. Once we booked that cruise I contacted Thomson and enquired about the availability of a cabin we had stayed in before and we were able to book it.

We are now looking to book a Red Sea Magic cruise in January 2012, also on the Celebration. I'm not too fussed about an outside cabin on this cruise (only 7 nights), unless we can get the same one we've previously booked. When I go online I have no choice about which cabin I can choose, only inside/outside and which deck.

I'm not going to pay up front for an outside cabin, just on the off chance the one we want is available!

We've sailed with other cruise lines and have been able to choose our cabin during the booking process. Has anyone found a way around this problem with Thomson?

Regards,

Firefly

You can reserve any available cabin including insides but you have to pay the £39? reservation fee.

If you are booking direct you phone the appropriate number from the brochure. If booking via a TA the TA has to book the cabin. Sounds daft i know but it happened to me. I booked a cruise from the TA and phoned Thomson to reserve the cabin. No you can't was the answer, this service is only for direct bookings, please go back to your TA and ask them to phone. this i did and got my cabin.

what a palaver :eek:

No I admit I have found this annoying with thomson. The only way I can think you could try to get around this would be to book with thomsons direct, and while you are making your booking ask if she would check if your cabin no. is available. She may do this as it would mean more commission for her if you booked the higher grade cabin. Good luck, someone on hear may have better advice for you, if so I would be interested too.

No I admit I have found this annoying with thomson. The only way I can think you could try to get around this would be to book with thomsons direct, and while you are making your booking ask if she would check if your cabin no. is available. She may do this as it would mean more commission for her if you booked the higher grade cabin. Good luck, someone on hear may have better advice for you, if so I would be interested too.

For recent and future cruises i book with my local Thomson TA and during the booking process get them to phone and reserve my preferred cabin. They get a number of free cabins and if the one I want is there I go ahead with the booking. They don't get any sight of my money until that cabin is booked!

Archived