Rough water on Harv & Marv excursion??

4_Leaf_Clover

Just curious if there will be rough waters during our Harv & Marv excursion? I know it depends on the day but most of the videos I watched online were pretty rough and I didnt expect that.

I'm still going regardless, just want to be prepared!

Just curious if there will be rough waters during our Harv & Marv excursion? I know it depends on the day but most of the videos I watched online were pretty rough and I didnt expect that.

Our tour in June with H&M was wonderful! The bay area was very calm and even when we were zipping across the bay towards several whales, there was never anything I would consider a 'wave' other than what the boat made. And I would know - I'm not a mariner and small boats and I don't always have a great relationship! No worries - you'll enjoy the personal attention and the beauty that you'll be surrounded with!

We had something of a rough ride on our way back to the harbor with Harv & Marv because we were traveling against the tide and going pretty fast. The boats are small and you definitely feel the ride more. But it was fine, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Just curious if there will be rough waters during our Harv & Marv excursion?

We did H&M with Captain Tony in the 6+1 boat earlier this month. We had no trouble with rough water, and seeing how sheltered these waters are, it would have to be a really nasty day for there to be trouble. It's not a mill pond, but we could easily stand in the back with our hips leaned against the gunwale and take pictures with our hands free.

BTW, we enjoyed the whole H&M small boat experience very much -- a highlight of the trip (... but there were so many highlights)!

We did have rough seas on our trip in early June of 2010 w/H&M. But everyone aboard (from our Roll Call) were adventurous souls, none got seasick (we were all well prepared), and each found it exhilarating! Capt. Jay had offered us all an out before we went, citing the rough sea conditions - no takers.;) Personally, it was our second time w/Harv and Marv's and we just find the small boat excursion much more appealing, closer to the water, more personalized service, just a wonderful experience. Yes, it can get rough, but it doesn't mean that it will - its Alaska weather-driven after all. You get what you get. Take precautions w/seasickness meds. and know what you can (or cannot) tolerate. Enjoy! Would highly recommend H&M!

Have you been to the Harv&Marv web site ? In the FAQ portion.....there is a statement in response to the question about folks getting seasick ? The response from H&M.........almost never.........15 passengers in 7 years. gg

Just went on the 20th and while they weren't "rough" per se, they were not flat either. Capt Tony said that when it is overcast out, the water is calm but when on sunny days the wind picks up. It was certainly sunny the day we went and we experienced 2-3 foot swells as we moved from one location to the other a couple of times but other than that it was fine. Have a great time!

You could be bumping over a few waves when the boat is moving. My husband is prone to seasickness on small fishing boats, and did fine on this tour without any meds, etc. It was a misty/rainy day, and we brought rain pants and waterproof jackets so we could stay outside much of the time, but the views are also good from inside the boat. We saw many whales bubble netting during our tour, as well as others throughout the area.

Archived