Hotel in Fort Lauderdale c.ose to port for Oasis

Hi everyone ! We will be a family of 5 , my husband , 3 adult grandchidren ages 21,21 and 19 plus myself and will need a hotel that can accomadate us in one suite . I have been checking out Embassy suites , Hyatt Place south , Summerfield suites , Spring Hill suites what do you reccomend?

Hi everyone ! We will be a family of 5 , my husband , 3 adult grandchidren ages 21,21 and 19 plus myself and will need a hotel that can accomadate us in one suite . I have been checking out Embassy suites , Hyatt Place south , Summerfield suites , Spring Hill suites what do you reccomend?

None of the rooms at those properties would suit your group and be as comfortable as a 2 BR/2 BA suite at Summerfield Suites. All their rooms and suites have full kitchen and sofa sleeper. While you may not need the kitchen for a short stay, the extra room, table, refrigerator and sink are very nice for such a group.

With 3 "kids" that age I would immediately upon arrival head across Stirling Road to the K-Mart in Oakwood Plaza and buy some soda and bottled water to put in the refrigerator.

The 2 BR suites are booked quickly at the Summerfield so if one is available I would snap it up before it is gone. The 2 BR Kings are considerably less expensive than the 2 BR Trio and should work fine for your family with 2 in each bedroom and one on the sofa sleeper.

The Summerfield Suites is also by far the newest and nicest of all those properties. They have a great breakfast, nice pool deck and airport shuttle. For transfers to the port I would reccommend a taxi or a rental car.

While not really near much, the Homewood Suites is very nice....and the Embassy Suites is good too...that hotel is near a LOT of things....the Homewood is opposite a big shopping center.....but the ES is closer to the port....

The Hyatt Place South is OK....I was a little disappointed in the cleanliness of my room...I left after only 1 night....the Springhill is OK too...

The homewood had a free airport shuttle and a company that had a pay shuttle to the pier, the ES has neither for free...so you'd grab a cab/super shuttle etc to the hotel (if you're flying in) and then a cab or pay shuttle to the port...

With 5 adults, make sure you can get something with 2 bathrooms if possible.....i can't recall if either the Homewood or Embassy have 2 BR units....(it's just me, so i didn't really pay attention...)

The ES has a free managers reception with cocktails/soft drinks and snacks (popcorn and the like)...and a nice breakfast. The Homewood only has 'dinner' mon-thursday (but it is substantial, and also free beer and wine...)..their breakfast is offered daily and is also pretty darned good.....

The staff at the Homewood was wonderful...at the ES, they were pretty good. The Hyatt Place people, IME were a little indifferent..and I haven't stayed at the SHS in a while......BUT i do not think the Springhill or HP have 2 bedroom units and really you will be uncomfortable with 5 adults.....

The Embassy suites would have 2 double beds in the bedroom and the sleeper sofa in the living room and one bathroom. The Summerfield suites would have a 2 bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa innthe living room plus a full kitchen. I have 3 kids and traveling with them when they got older I would have like the 2 bedroom much better.

Archived