Alilaguna water shuttle in Venice

guineapig

Has anyone used the Alilaguna water shuttle boat from the cruise port to St Marks Sq in Venice?

We will be in Venice overnight on RCL ship and have visited Venice once before but we took the vapporetto down the Grand Canal to St Marks then, which was fantastic!

Just wondered how relieable the Alilaguna line was, I know it seems to run every half hour, not up Grand canal unless you take the red line, not as many stops either but less walking from the port to P. Roma, although thats not really too far to walk.

Just wanted feedback on the Alilaguna line....

Can't answer your question about the Alilaguna but wanted to mention that you don't have to walk to PRoma to catch the vaporetto. There is a People Mover ( similar to a monorail) that runs between the pier and PRoma. I'm sure there would be quite a wait when your ship first docks but it's there if you want to check it out. 1E

And you may want to see what kind of shuttle service RCI provides and the cost. Often when ships overnight they provide a shuttle to StMarks. It may be one trip or unlimited back and forth.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover.htm

We used Alilaguna when we disembarked to get to our hotel--dropped us at San Marco. It was waiting right at the dock where we picked up our bags.

Several days later we also used it to get from San Marco/San Zaccharia to the airport, it was right on schedule.

Has anyone used the Alilaguna water shuttle boat from the cruise port to St Marks Sq in Venice?

We will be in Venice overnight on RCL ship and have visited Venice once before but we took the vapporetto down the Grand Canal to St Marks then, which was fantastic!

Just wondered how relieable the Alilaguna line was, I know it seems to run every half hour, not up Grand canal unless you take the red line, not as many stops either but less walking from the port to P. Roma, although thats not really too far to walk.

We didn't take from port to St. Mark's --- but from the airport to our hotel. For all intents and purposes, you can tell no difference from the Vapporetto. It runs on all the same principles and was, in our experience, always on time.

We did use the Vapporetto while we were in Venice --- both to get to the ship, and back out to Venice once checked in, and back again to the ship. We used the People Mover for 1E each way --- we never waited (but we boarded in Venice and our overnight was the first night so there was never a rush of people at the same time off).

We used it from port to St. Mark's. No worries. Then it was the red line. Now it is the Blue line with a stop at the Hllton

I haven't used it from the cruise port to San Marco, but used it from the airport to San Marco and then back at the end of our stay a couple weeks ago. It was very reliable and was exactly on time (I recall remarking when we arrived back at the airport that it was on time to the minute).

I have the Alilaguna printed schedule in front of me. It runs from the "Stazione Marittima" (i.e., the cruise port) every 30 minutes on the 28/58. It arrives at San Marco 22 minutes later, on the 20/50. The first boat from the port is at 7:58 am. The last is at 7:58 pm.

Archived