How to know when guarantee cabin is assigned?

eroller

It's been a while since I've sailed with Carnival, and I'm curious about guarantee cabin assignments. I booked a guarantee ST (Suite) category and I know it can be assigned anytime up until check-in at the pier.

Will the cabin show up on the main reservation page at carnival.com when it's assigned or do you have to look somewhere else. Right now it shows "To Be Assigned".

I know a long time in the past there was a clever way to see your cabin assignment before they released it on the main reservation page. I think you had to pretend you were ordering a gift of something along those lines.

Anyway just curious.

Thanks.

Ernie

Your cabin assignment will show up when you click on 'Manage My Cruise' from the homepage at Carnival.com

Click on your booking number on the 'My Cruise Manager' page and your cabin number will be listed there...

:)

It's been a while since I've sailed with Carnival, and I'm curious about guarantee cabin assignments. I booked a guarantee ST (Suite) category and I know it can be assigned anytime up until check-in at the pier.

Will the cabin show up on the main reservation page at carnival.com when it's assigned or do you have to look somewhere else. Right now it shows "To Be Assigned".

I know a long time in the past there was a clever way to see your cabin assignment before they released it on the main reservation page. I think you had to pretend you were ordering a gift of something along those lines.

Anyway just curious.

Thanks.

Ernie

Once you get within the penalty period they should start assigning cabins and your TBA will change to an actual cabin number. It can take a while though if there are a lot of GTY bookings. I've gotten mine as close as 2 weeks before I sail.

I think it is up to 10 days prior that they are supposed to have it assigned...

Can it be sooner? Yes, so just keep checking your reservation like Mach mentioned and it can be on there anytime...

We sailed last week, and we received our room assignment about 24 hours before we sailed. It was somewhat frustrating, but also kinda fun not knowing.

How did it turn out?

I think it's fun waiting if the end result is something positive. If you have to wait until 24 hours prior and then end up with no upgrade in a crappy location I would be somewhat disappointed. Being in a suite for this cruise there are not too many options. I'm 99% sure we will end up in an Ocean Suite on Deck 6. These are where the majority of suites are, and also we have three people and see most of these accommodate three. FYI a guarantee was the only thing offered. We could not have picked a cabin even if we wanted to.

I just got back from a Holland America cruise a few weeks ago. Again a cabin guarantee was the only option. About 5 days before sailing I received my cabin assignment and it was a nice upgrade. I'm not talking anything like an inside to a suite, but a good location on a higher deck. I was very pleased.

Ernie

Archived