New Pledge Starts Today!

Belle

Hello Jax, fantastic news on the five pounds. After three weeks of steady loss I did not lose a pound this week. Just to many company dinners and not enough time at the gym.

Linda, Sheila, Mariapd, Islandreamer and Mountainmare great results. I am glad to see so many sticking with the weigh-in. It helps to have the support of others.

See you all next week. Five months and twenty-nine days to our New England cruise. I will make the goal.

Take care, Ron

Hello Mona,

Welcome to the group. I think that you will find that this is a pretty supportive bunch.

I invested in a new digital scale that tracks the weight loss from week to week. The 10 year old scale would change from loosing 80 lbs to gaining 40, just by changing where it sat on the floor. Unforutnately the new one is extremely accurate.

Last week I thought that I would have lost more but I was down 2 lbs. That gives me a total of 6 lbs and 14 to go.

Trudle- wish that we were down at the Keys with you. Never been there but everyone says that it is worth the trip.

Take care, Ron

Hi Rob,

Yes the Keys were great, but so many people, but lots of things to do.

The weather was great, not to hot yet.

I think I need a new scale also, mine keep changing too. LOL

Welcome Mona, it does help being here. I hope next week to be down some. Have a good weekend all of you.

Hope to watch one of the Ships tonight, going through the Panama Canal. Some friends are on it.

Bye for now.

Trudy

Gained a half-pound, but I had it coming. Too many reasons to not eat at home this week. Restaurants are seriously my downfall!

Welcome Mona. You will love this. I have actually lost 7 pounds, even after this week's gain, during this pledge. I am down 14 since I started in February. It really is great to have folks to share this with. It can be tough alone.

Great job Ron! Two pounds is good and safe. I may be up that half-pound due to such a large drop last week of 5 lbs. Slow and steady is the way to go. ;) I have a digital scale too, but I can weigh myself three times in a row and get a different answer each time. I have learned to just take the first one (unless it shows I gained :eek: ).

Trudy...stable is good considering you weren't watching the diet. I watched mine...as it flew off into the sunset. :p I am still watching portions, but lagged a little on the choices. Can't be perfect every week. Need to save room for some fun in life. The Keys is part of that fun. :D

Need to say a short prayer for strength this week. Pounds gotta come off!!!

I am sorry to be jumping in late but my hubby just booked a Baltic cruise for June 26th. I am not far from my goal weight but 5 is my definite pledge. I really need the toning. Have really not been good at exercising lately. I have enjoyed being in your pledge group before Belle. So here it goes! Peg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I noticed that I am not the only one who did not check in last week. I am on the road in the morning so I hit the scales today. The good news is that I am down one more pound. The bad news is that I gained one pound last week. I have still lost 7 lbs toward the goal of 20 so until next week.

Take care, Ron

You all are doing good, working hard towards your pledge.

You can give your results here or can can do it on the

Thursday weigh-ins. What ever way you want.

Keep up the good work!

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted. My life has been total chaos! I have my FIL in ICU and my mom in the hospital also. Needless to say, my exercise is non-existent due to NEVER being at home.

I'm down only one pound for the pledge so I seriously doubt I'll make my 5 lb goal...especially since I cruise at the end of the month. I'm trying though!!

Good luck, everyone!

I haven't lost any, but I didn't gain either, so I guess that's good! Last week was hard with birthdays and holidays, but, back to trying harder this week. Sounds like everyone is doing well, keep up the good work!

Hi again----I gained two pounds on our cruise, so now I have 12 to lose before June 30. With all the great food on the Horizon, I'm suprised they didn't have to roll me off the ship!!! We had a great time.

Sheila, Where does the cruise you're going on next go??? We've started looking for another cruise for the week of May 28. How are your mother and your father in law doing?? Hopefully, they are on the mend.

Maria, Have a great time on your cruise!! You've done great losing so much!!!!!!

Kay

Kay, here's our itinerary on the RCCL's Navigator of the Seas

May 28th Leave Miami 5:00 PM

May 29th At Sea

May 30th Labadee, Hispaniloa 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

May 31st Ochos Rios, Jamaica 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

June 1st George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

June 2nd Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

June 3rd At Sea

June 4th Arrive Back in Miami 8:30 AM

The Mariner is sailing on May 29th and is going on the Eastern route. We did that one last year and LOVED it!

Both my FIL and mother are improving. :D They did find a spot on my mom's lung yesterday, but we don't know the results yet. We're being optimistic. Thanks for asking.

Sheila,

We were just in Labadee and Ocho Rios, but haven't been to Grand Cayman in a few years, and are going back to Cozumel in June. If you don't already have plans for Ocho Rios, look into Peat Taylor tours. We did it, and had a GREAT trip!!! Peat sent another bus and guide for us, since he had another larger group. They picked us up at the pier, took us to the fern gully, and then to Dunn River Falls, picked us back up from there after a couple of hours. Then, the ones who wanted to be dropped back off at the ship were taken back. They then took us river tubing(even my 84 year old mother went), which we were unsure of, but it turned out to be one of the highlights of our cruise! The bus picked us back up, took us to the ship to shower, eat a quick meal, and picked us back up in 1 1/2 hours, and took us downtown to shop. Peat Taylor came and introduced himself to some who got back to the bus earlier than us. They took us back to the ship. It's basically fifteen dollars transportation for the entire day. You pay for Dunn River and tubing.

In Labadee, don't miss the locals dance and music show. There is a guy who does fire dancing that is unbelievable!! The beaches are nice and lots of photo ops. The bathrooms are exceptionally clean and well maintained. Don't tip the guys who get your lounge chairs(We were told this by Celebrity). There are plenty of lounge chairs. Bar service is available, and we had a buffet picnic by the cruise staff. Shopping experience is scary, remember they are voodoo people!

I'm still checking on something for the week of May 28- June 5. May see you onboard!!

Happy Mother's Day!

Oh, yeah, forgot to say about the weight loss!! Lost one of the two pounds this week that I gained on the 15 night cruise!

Kay

Hello everyone,

Spent four days visiting the youngest son and all of those days eating out really had its effect (all he had in his frig was light beer:). I gained 1 lb. I am still down 6 so far but I had expected to be at 10 by now.

WeirdEyes- we also sailed the Navigator of the Seas on your same itinerary last November. It was fantastic. Wish that we were going with you. I still have five months and 1 day to our next one. Way to far away :)

Dan- welcome to the group.

Have fun. Ron

Sorry I missed last week. Almost missed today too. :o

I am down 9 pounds for the challenge. I was down a half-pound last week, but found it again this week. I have been lagging on my exercise, and I think that has slowed me down.

DH and I started West Coast Swing lessons at our community center. Gets us up and moving one night a week. I am also considering Curves' 2-week free trial offer when you bring in 2 milk caps. Anyone else tried Curves?

Good luck to all this week!!!

I joined Curves last month. Tomorrow is my first weigh and measure since I joined, so I'll let you know how I make out. I do feel stronger, but don't think it shows yet, although my daughter told me today I look "toned".

There is an article in "all you" magazine May issue with the 30 minutes curves exercises to do at home. I've considered joining Curves close to my house, but haven't, and don't know anyone who has. Please keep us informed of your progress there and if you like it or not. What is the cost??

Are any of you on the Dr. Phil diet?? I started it , but got off for the cruises. Guess I need to get back on that or something else.

I've lost three pounds!!! Would like to lose 9 more by June cruise, however we've got another cruise on hold for May 28 to Bermuda on the Zenith. I'll probably lose more before we leave, then regain it on the cruise and relose it again. I have extra incentive to lose more this summer, my niece is getting married in September.---another excuse for another nice dress or two!!!

I'm hoping Sheila's mother and father in law are not having set backs. She hasn't posted in awhile. Prayers to you and your family, Sheila.

Kay

Kay,

Curves is about $35 dollars a month now. It used to be $29. I have lost 1.25 inches total since I started, hoped for more, but don't go often enough. I've lost 5 pounds, so I'm happy about that!

my orthopaedic physician told me his business has picked up since CURVES opened up! the now owner of that CURVES fell off one of the machines and left a huge hole in the wall into which she fell! I quit after a year due to increasing pain in my shoulders and knees..... Did I lose? yes, somewhat, not significant tho. Did I measure smaller? of course, but again NoBigDeal. Why did I keep at it for a whole year? It was FUN and I loved seeing all my friends...it was a real social outing, but the pains have disappeared since I gave it up. Now I just walk for "exercise" (and only do that as the schedule permits)....Gotta tell you that the CURVES workout is timed; therefore, ya gotta keep up and some of those machines work parts of a person's body that that person forgot they even had! I swear by WEIGHT WATCHER'S - it's all about portion control. Europeans cannot believe the portions restaurants in America serve! Try splitting those meals when dining out;) .... we all "know" what-to-do...doing it is another ballgame, yes? but do-able!:D

Archived