Inside room after only having Balconies & OV's

Izzybeff

I'm going on my 4th cruise next April (3rd is in January) with my mother and two friends. All three of them are ok with inside rooms. On my previous two cruises, I had an OV and a balcony and when I go in January, I'll have a balcony also.

I'm trying to decide if I'll be ok with an inside or not. I'm claustrophobic and wonder if I'll freak out with no window. We are putting two people in each room. If I bump up two of us to an OV, i'll be paying the difference. But now I can't find an OV with an inside right across the hall without an even bigger increase in price.

Any advice?

Most of the OVS Iv had, the curtain is closed by the cabin steward and you dont see out half the time. I personally would not pay extra for a OV generally, although for various reasons I have had them .. price drops and could not get money back, so I bumped up etc.

I feel like its either a inside or a balcony if I am paying full price.

You probably won't spend that much time in your cabin. We usually have a balcony, but went on a three week cruise in an inside cabin and I was worried. We got a good deal -- and believe me when I tell you that this was the worst cabin on the ship. But it forced us out. We seemed to meet more people and do more things on that cruise than any of the others. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

I totally feel your pain, IzzyBeff! I love to cruise and the price for an inside, or even an ocean view is less expensive than a balcony.

I keep thinking of how many more cruises we could take with the savings. But sometimes... I just want to enjoy the outside without alot of people.

Give the inside a try. At lest it's only 2 people there. I expected you to say 4 women in one interior, and I would have told you no then.

You really don't spend much time in the cabin anyway.

I would never do 4 in any cabin.. Just the fact that we'd have to share one bathroom would kill me.

I'm just used to it being DH & I in a balcony room and having plenty of room.

I think i'm going to try an inside room just to see what it's like. Atleast it's only 5 nights.

Archived