Hotel Maya CCL code

Snowbird

I was able to use the CCL code and got the $99 on-line rate at the Hotel Maya Doubletree. Has anyone used this code when you weren't booked on Carnival? We booked the hotel in conjunction with our Princess Panama Canal cruise for November 2011. We called the hotel direct and asked the question and were told no problem but the person we talked to seemed unsure of what we were asking. So my question is this: If you booked this rate but were going on a different cruise line than Carnival, was your reservation still honored at that rate? Thanks.

Ah, but you are sorta still booked on Carnival. Remember, Princess is owned by Carnival. There should be (and I say this with a very slight hesitation) no reason that they would not honor the rate. We stayed at the Hilton in LB last year (Doubletree is part of their chain) pre-cruise on the Carnival Corp code, and were not asked to see proof that we were sailing Carnival. We did sail on the Paradise, and, the transfer to the LB port was free and optional. Since we sailed out of LB, I do not know about transfering to San Pedro.

I would search the other posts about the hotel. I seem to remember some chatter about transferring to San Pedro and sailing with a different cruise line while using the Carnival Corp code.

Happy Sailing whatever your decision turns out to be.

We are trying to get the code to work for a February 2012 cruise, and it won't. I'm hoping they activate it for 2012 soon. :)

Carnival's contract with Hotel Maya expires in mid December 2011. Hopefully Carnival will be able to extend their contract (we sail in April 2012).

Carnival's contract with Hotel Maya expires in mid December 2011. Hopefully Carnival will be able to extend their contract (we sail in April 2012).

How do you know about the contract expiring? Is there a way to monitor this?

• 2 weeks later...
How do you know about the contract expiring? Is there a way to monitor this?

I was told this by the staff at Hotel Maya. They didn't know if the contract would be renewed yet. So, about once a week I try to book a room at the Carnival rate (online), waiting to see if it gets renewed.

I also talked to the hotel last week and they said that that the girl in charge of renewing the contract rates starts working on them in October and that I should just check every couple weeks until then, and then weekly after october 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Good question. Wish I had an answer.

If so, I also wonder about getting to San Pedro. Will they shuttle you there?

We booked our pre-cruise stay at the Hotel Maya for this Saturday using the CCL Corporate Rate. It was cheaper than staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro. However, they no longer shuttle their customers to San Pedro. Brian, their reservations coordinator, offered to arrange for a town car to take us to the pier for $30, same price as a taxi cab.

Archived