Half Moon Cay - And Cabanas

Sinbad37

texkat - sage - montgomeryfamily:confused:

There was a wonderful post by -I believe one of you - that was

HMC AND CABANAS - STATUS and LOCATIONS.

One of our Cruise Critic Board Members had taken the effort to post photos, from ship to shore - showing all of the beach - cabana locations and colors.

It was wonderful and helped us reserve a cabana last time there.

Although it was stored on my computer for future reference by it's http #

those numbers are no longer accessable due to the boards change-over.:o

I am "somewhat" computer challenged.

There is presently a FIRST EVER GROUP of HAL Cruise Critic members setting up a Cruise on the Westerdam - Eastern Caribbean 10/29/06.

Come join the Group! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3324866&posted=1#post3324866 (Could not resit a commercial!:D )

Obtaining this info would be a great help in our planning!

If I gave credit to the wrong party or parties, please forgive me.

Thanks to whomever can help! Not sure what the "prize" will be, but I will buy the first round in our cabana at that trip if you help us!:cool:

Ginny

:D Heather - you are wonderful! yes, that is the one!

Sorry it would not open for me. I knew it would help Ziggy, aka

"Cabana Queen" .

Really looking forward to this cruise! If you don't have it down, we will want a suite or SS. Cabana will have to be closest in for DH so want to tie it up asap. He has had two major back surgeries, but Half Moon Cay is still a favorite for us.

:D first round - or two - are on me!:D
Ginny, sorry I just got on and saw your post, duh me I thought you had pics and info after the hurricanes. I have this saved and some are posted on my website. Thanks I'm sorry I miss understood you. I am now collecting info on the new HMC after the hurricane and photo's, so we can be best placed for everyone! Thanks for your help :)

Ziggy, I was there after the hurricanes (so were you, right?). It didn't change the locations of them. I thought the major change was that of course the light blue was added (had been in progress before the hurricanes) and didn't they change the purple canvas to wood?

The pictures should still be correct for location and color I'm pretty sure. Am I wrong?

Ziggy, I was there after the hurricanes (so were you, right?). It didn't change the locations of them. I thought the major change was that of course the light blue was added (had been in progress before the hurricanes) and didn't they change the purple canvas to wood?

The pictures should still be correct for location and color I'm pretty sure. Am I wrong?

No, I was there in Aug 2004 before the really bad hurricane that closed down the island til Dec. I knew all the cabanas were being made into all wood last Aug. The light blue cabana (they called it sky blue) we stayed in on the second week so it was there then but the new terrecotta one sounds like a new color.:)

No, I was there in Aug 2004 before the really bad hurricane that closed down the island til Dec. I knew all the cabanas were being made into all wood last Aug. The light blue cabana (they called it sky blue) we stayed in on the second week so it was there then but the new terrecotta one sounds like a new color.:)

The terra cotta one is obviously new if it's beyond the yellow. But HMC was not closed down until December because I was there in November after both hurricanes. All the cabanas are in the same place ... In November 2004 there was no terra cotta one so that has to have been added since. But all the others did not change location.

However, I'm not sure what happened to the purple one. Also, when we were there (in the turquoise) looking toward the sea the orange one was on our right and there was a platform to our left. I'm not sure which one that is.

The Blue and purple ones were tarp sides, they are now all wood sides. I was told the purple one was rebuit but I cant access shore excursions on the website as I dont have a booking number to see what they list for cabana rentals, maybe someone can for me please :)

Sorry Heather, I thought I read posts that they were not able to go to HMC due to hurricane damage, my bad :)

From another thread :) Answers all our questions, I am making a new map and when done I will post on my webshots site :)

"Ziggy, the present order of the cabanas (from the far end of the beach) is as follows:

terra cotta

yellow

green

pink

purple

light blue

orange

turquoise

dark blue (at least that's what it looks like on the map)

taupe

The turquoise, orange and light blue cabanas are right in front of the Food Pavillion. Hope this helps. :)"

Archived