Some questions about Star

Traval

Hello all you frequent cruisers

My husband and I have sailed three times on Windsurf but these are the only cruises we have taken.

We are now considering a cruise next summer on the Windstar---Classic Mediterranean, Athens to Rome.We have visited Taormina,Lipari and Sorrento before but not the Greek ports.The itinerary looks just great in my opinion.

Now, what I am wondering is....do you think we'll find the Star too small after the Surf? I know the cabins are the same size but is there space to eat out on deck at breakfast and lunch? Is the pool bar the only bar? Lastly,do they play the sailaway music as they do on Windsurf?

Looking forward to your replies.

....do you think we'll find the Star too small after the Surf?

Impossible to answer what you will think. We find the Windsurf too big compared to the Windstar. Everyone likes different things.

is there space to eat out on deck at breakfast and lunch?

Yes, we've never had a problem with this.

Is the pool bar the only bar?

No, there's a bar in the lounge

Lastly,do they play the sailaway music as they do on Windsurf?

I had to ask my husband about this, because it's something I never pay any attention to, and he says, "yes".

Thank 6rugrats,

It was very important for us to know it would be possible to eat out on deck on the smaller ship.

I personally love the sailaway music.I have the cd and also the dvd 1492 Conquest of Paradise---bought after our last cruise.

I think we'll go ahead and book this as I feel we should experience the smaller ships to be able to compare.Now I just have to see if we can get flights with our airmiles.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. In fact, you may just end up wondering why you never sailed Star before! Plenty of deck space, common areas are spacious. We have often eaten lunches and breakfasts outside.....spectacular setting! There also is the option to sign up for a romantic dinner that is superbly prepared and served on the deck under the stars, weather permitting. At least that was offered on our Jan 2010 cruise!

Yes,I am sure we shall enjoy it.

Are you able to tell me please which cabins would be mid - ship?

Just do a google search using the term, "windstar cabin layout" and it will pull up sites with the deck plans showing all the cabin numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

We did in 2008 Dubrovnik Venice with Windstar. Simply unforgetable. Wide cabins, friendly crew, excellent food.

Yes when sailing they played Conquest of Paradise.

No tickets in the lobby for tenders, just first come first serve (except if there is a group excursion.

You are on the bridge level deck. They will invite you to visit the bridge.

Understand that the Star is better as the Surf (which is in fact the former Club Med 1)

Altough engines are used, sails are used together.

If he is on anchor, one or two electronic controlled sails keep the ship in position.

Yes 180° from ordinary!!!

Archived