Glory Cruise to Canada Cheers and Geers - fog, piano and comedy

JPH814

I will write a full review later - for what its worth - but there were a couple of things I want to highlight.

Cheers - The cruise was very nice - despite missing Halifax due to fog. The crew did a great job putting together a full slate of actiivities for the extra day at sea. And I am sure the food service was hit with an unplanned challenge since people stayed on board. They handled it well. Good job.

Jeers - imagine a fire drill where people are smoking. I could not believe it! We left our cabin on deck 7 for the saftey drill and entered the stairway (starboard side aft). The stairway reeked of cigarette smoke. When we got down to deck 3 we found out why: There were 4 crew members in dining room uniforms sitting on the floor on deck 3 smoking and taking a break. Officers in white uniforms directing traffic did nothing to stop them.

Cheers - For those of you wondering about the piano bar post smoking - we spent about 10 hours there on four of the five nights. It was a very popular place and full for good stretches of time. The piano player commented he loved the new policy as well.

Jeers - We could not get into the comedy club. It was open only three of the nights and packed those nights for all shows. On the Dream in April, the club was emptied out after each show to allow new people in. On the Glory people went to the early show and stayed for the night. About 20 % of the room left so very few new people could get in. So if you have late dinner seating, forget it. I think Carnival should adopt the "empty out after each show" policy fleetwide.

Archived