Drinking water?

Hi all,

I am due to go on the Aegean adventure cruise on the Thomson celebration and was wondering if the tap water is safe to drink?

I tend to drink vast amounts of water when the weather is hot and could easily get through 3-4 litres in a day, along with other drinks (alcoholic or otherwise)!

I have not opted for the drinks package as many friends assured us that water would be gratis and that there should be drinking water fountains scattered around the ship.

Can anyone confirm this? Otherwise I may be spending an exhobitant amount on water!!!

Many thanks,

Ben.

Hi all,

I am due to go on the Aegean adventure cruise on the Thomson celebration and was wondering if the tap water is safe to drink?

I tend to drink vast amounts of water when the weather is hot and could easily get through 3-4 litres in a day, along with other drinks (alcoholic or otherwise)!

I have not opted for the drinks package as many friends assured us that water would be gratis and that there should be drinking water fountains scattered around the ship.

Can anyone confirm this? Otherwise I may be spending an exhobitant amount on water!!!

Many thanks,

Ben.

Water available 24 hours in the self-service restaurant. It's also served at lunch and dinner in the main dining room. They have bottled water available but the tap water is free.

Thanks.

Is the water in the taps in the cabins of drinking quality and are there any drinks fountains on the boat?

No notices in the cabins saying the water isn't of drinking quality (I'm sure there would be if the water wasn't fit for drinking) and we always use it for teeth cleaning and taking pills etc and have never had a problem. In the self-service restaurants (and Lido pool deck on Celebration - can't think if that's the case on the others too) there is a water dispenser both iced and normal temperature with glasses to help yourself.

The only thing they do say is for passengers NOT to fill their water bottles from these taps - if the mouth of the bottle comes into contact with the taps that is clearly unhygienic and totally inconsiderate of other passengers. I have, regrettably, seen the odd person ignoring this request which is highly selfish! (Sorry, personal bee in bonnet!!:D). There is nothing to stop you filling a glass though and then decanting the water into your own bottle should you wish. Last time we were on board the water tasted good to me - occasionally it has a bit more of a Chlorine-y taint (sterilisation process I imagine) - but it doesn't stop me drinking it! :rolleyes:

Hope this answers your question - I should say that I'm not aware of water fountains around the ship. They aren't big ships though so it's not too far to get to the dispensing points.

Thank you for your quick and helpful responses!

I know exactly what you mean about water snobbery but i have no qualms in supping tap water!

Thanks again,

Ben. :)

Archived