Uffizzi on a Sunday in early November?

bottomfeeder

We'll be in Florence on Sunday November 6th. Will there be long lines that time of year/that day for the Uffizzi Gallery? Since I don't know exactly what time we'll get into Florence, I'd rather just buy tickets at the door when I get there, but not if the lines will be really long! I know if it was the summer I'd need to buy tickets in advance...I just feel like if I buy them in advance I'll have to buy them for the middle of the day to be sure I'd be there in time, and if we got to Florence earlier we'd basically be waiting around for our entrance time.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and can give advice? Thanks in advance!

Firstly, why would you " be waiting around for our entrance time?" It's not like there is nothing else to do in Florence .. within a few blocks of the Uffizi.

I've been in Florence in November and there are lines at the Uffizi .. particularly in the morning. One can usually just walk in -- or close to it -- late in the afternoon because the daytrippers (e.g., cruisers) have left already.

FWIW, I always reserve in advance for the Uffizi even if I am there in the "offest" part of the off-season -- late January.

November would be the beginning of the low season. There may be a line during the opening time, but you will not have those very long lines of May-October. Of course, if it is raining cats and dogs, almost all the tourists in Florence heads for the museums, then there may be a line. In any case, if you know the exact day when you want to visit the Uffizzi Gallery, make a reservation online. Actually, I do not recommend visiting the Uffizzi Gallery during rainy days. So many of the paintings are behind protective glass that viewing them on overcast days is not easy, colors are darker and drab.:(

Firstly, why would you " be waiting around for our entrance time?" It's not like there is nothing else to do in Florence .. within a few blocks of the Uffizi.

I've been in Florence in November and there are lines at the Uffizi .. particularly in the morning. One can usually just walk in -- or close to it -- late in the afternoon because the daytrippers (e.g., cruisers) have left already.

FWIW, I always reserve in advance for the Uffizi even if I am there in the "offest" part of the off-season -- late January.

That's been my experience, too, that late afternoon off-season has the fewest/shortest/any lines. One advantage of going there after 2 or 3 pm is that you can stay until closing and get some lovely sunset views over the Arno River. That can be every bit as spectacular as the art contained within!

Actually, I do not recommend visiting the Uffizzi Gallery during rainy days. So many of the paintings are behind protective glass that viewing them on overcast days is not easy, colors are darker and drab.:(

This is definitely a case of your mileage may vary. LOL! I don't recommend visiting the Uffizzi on sunny days since the glare on the plexiglass covering is very strong and the reflection of everyone in the room interferes with the painting beneath.

Archived