Cabin Selection On Serenade

Finally decided on Serenade for our Alaska cruise in 2006 and want Deck 7 balcony cabin due to concerns about motion sickness. Also need to be midship for same reasons....what's special about a cabin on the hump? Seems like E1 are recommended due to extra balcony space...any suggestions from those of you experienced Serenade travelers?

Generally all E Cabins (E1, E2, E3) have the same size balconies, except for SOME of those on the hump. D1 cabins have a slightly longer cabin and longer balcony.

Some of the advantages to hump cabins are: (i) some have larger balconies; (ii) you are about as amidships as you can get; and, (iii) and a hump cabin will generally give you a better view fore or aft of the ship. Be forewarned, though, that when standing near your balcony railing you can be seen from many other balconies.

Beware of Deck 7 also. It is directly over the large overhang that covers the life rafts. Cabins on Deck 7 cannot look straight down to the water.

No life boat problem under the hump cabins. you might want to consider Cabin 7094 or cabin 7594. Both are category E1's, they shouldn't be much more per person then Cabin 7600. Both have larger balconies then 7600 and are in front of the hump portion allowing you a great view forward and you will be able to watch the ship cut through the water as you are sailing. #7094 would be my pick if I was you and it was available.

Jimbo:)

I am booked to go to Alaska in July on the Serenade. We also booked midship but on deck 10. I am was originally booked for aft 7th deck but my husband wanted midship. I am kicking my self for agreeing but next cruise I hope to get an aft cabin just to try it. I have heard so many good things about it or even trying a hump cabin would be different.

We have cabin 7094 for the 6/12/05 sailing!

I will let you know how it is!

I selected this cabin because it seems to have a larger balcony, it is Starboard side and mid ship.

It is also near the elevators but far enough away from foot traffic.

Ted

We have cabin 7094 for the 6/12/05 sailing!

I will let you know how it is!

I selected this cabin because it seems to have a larger balcony, it is Starboard side and mid ship.

It is also near the elevators but far enough away from foot traffic.

Ted

Polish Falcon.................that's Port side

Jimbo:)

Archived