Tipping & Comments made about Australians by Celebrity CEO

Scurvy Dog

Good on you Scurvy. It will be very interesting to see the comments made by our American friends.

I am sure that most of them would be totally amazed at just how much our hotel staff get paid on an hourly rate plus overtime, superannuation, holiday pay maternity leave, and long service leave.

Good on you Scurvy. It will be very interesting to see the comments made by our American friends.

I am sure that most of them would be totally amazed at just how much our hotel staff get paid on an hourly rate plus overtime, superannuation, holiday pay maternity leave, and long service leave.

No probs :)...not to mention I doubt another culture would like a Australian coming in and telling them how they should act and spend there money???..As you said Lizzy, maybe Mr CEO Celebrity should lobby the Australian Government to change the laws our holiday pay, leave entitlements, basic wage, etc etc.... :D

No probs :)...not to mention I doubt another culture would like a Australian coming in and telling them how they should act and spend there money???..

The way I saw it was that he was talking about Australians cruising on Celebrity though, not that we should change our systems entirely aside from that.

Plus people always say they prefer education over enforcement... :D

Archived