Shuttle service in New Zealand?

patatie

Hi,

We are going on a cruise to NZ in Dec/Jan. Because we've already been to NZ, we are thinking of just going in to town and doing our own thing, rather than going on ship organised tours.

We asked our TA and were told that the Dawn Princess will NOT have shuttles (paid or not) going from the ship into town.

However...last time we cruised around NZ (also with Princess) they definitely did have shuttle busses in each and every port. I can't remember what info we were given (if any) about this cruise.

So I was wondering...could the TA possibly be wrong (on our HAL cruise we were told (by a differnet TA) that there were no shuttles...but there were)? Also are they free/small fee? If anyone who has recently travelled with Princess to NZ could verify or give more info it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

We cruised to NZ in Jan 2011 some ports you were allowed to walk off the wharf.

But most you had to use the shuttles. This is because alot of the ports are working ports and they can't have people wandering around. You do have to take your passport and cruise card with you for ID.

Prices were from memory about $6 each way approx, they take you into town to a central drop off point, and return from the same point.

Cheers

Hi,

We are going on a cruise to NZ in Dec/Jan. Because we've already been to NZ, we are thinking of just going in to town and doing our own thing, rather than going on ship organised tours.

We asked our TA and were told that the Dawn Princess will NOT have shuttles (paid or not) going from the ship into town.

However...last time we cruised around NZ (also with Princess) they definitely did have shuttle busses in each and every port. I can't remember what info we were given (if any) about this cruise.

So I was wondering...could the TA possibly be wrong (on our HAL cruise we were told (by a differnet TA) that there were no shuttles...but there were)? Also are they free/small fee? If anyone who has recently travelled with Princess to NZ could verify or give more info it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Are you referring to a specific port? In Auckland, the ship is in town. In Wellington, you can walk into town; about 20 minutes or so. In Christchurch there's a free shuttle into Littleton and from there you take the city bus (though not sure what is going on in that city currently since the last quake). In Dunedin Princess has a shuttle into town; $5/PP one way.

Thanks for the info.

No, I was just talking generally. Because we did alot of tours last time around I didn't rememberwhich had/didn't have shuttles and which were close/far.

It is interesting that our TA (And now Princess, too - I called them) say that there are no shuttles at all available! :confused:

Archived