distance to sheraton

lprime60

It's not walking distance if that's what you are looking for-you can take a cab, or Jitney #10 which runs down the length of Cable beach, We are doing this on our next cruise down to the Bahamas-there was a lot of info regarding the Sheritan several months ago on this page.

The cab may wait to fill up, so if you are in a hurry to get there, i would suggest getting with your roll call and see who else is going, or just take the bus @ 1.50 per person.:)

I don't know the mileage, but it was 20 minutes' cab ride @ 11 am this past Thursday. We got there about 11:20 and there were plenty of day passes available. The women at the front desk were very nice. I don't know what their quota is, but there were only a few of us. In fact, I only saw 4 different groups (my family of 4, two couples from our cruise, and another family - not sure if they were from our cruise or not). The beach in front of the Sheraton was very empty. They have TONS of chairs. We even found several open around the pools with the shades/umbrellas. The ones with shade were harder to come by on the beach, but even there, we got some chairs under one.

The water got a little crowded at times, but nothing crazy. My kids loved it, especially the water trampoline and the kayaks. I loved the float!

There are three pools - one is definitely more kiddie with a zero entry, there's the main pool in the middle with the swim up bar, and there is a quiet pool with waterfalls closer to the building. They were all pretty empty as well. The only exception was when there was a water aerobics class in the main pool.

The attendants did start to stack the chairs, close the umbrellas, etc around 4. We left right around 5, but I can't imagine they pile up all of those chairs.

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know the exact miles it is from the ship to the sheraton? Also would it be to late to get a pass to the beach there around 2pm?

It's about 5 miles.. takes anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes, depending on traffic. Cab from port should be about $5pp. Jitney from downtown is $1.25 pp . Jitney runs everyfew minutes from 6am - 6:30pm. look for the #10.

it's a great choice.

Archived