Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

Husband and I did Medifast approx 5 years ago. I lost 80lbs in 6 mo. He lost 20 lbs in? This is a great plan. My husband has kept his wt off. I gained wait due me being a stress eater. Finally getting my life back and started medifast again. I have lost 47 lbs so far. 15 more to go until cruise time.

At least now I know what to do know to get back down to a healthy weight for me.

I am not a big fan of Medifast food but there are a few that taste O.K. I was wondering about peoples' favorites. I guess the food I like best is the sloppy joe.

I agree, I have had to really work on tolerating their food. My top five are: Berry Cereal, Strawberry Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Apple/Cin Oatmeal (w/one Splenda), and the Brownie Bake. I also don't mind the chicken noodle soup with a little less water and a few shakes of salt. This summer I also liked the Berry Smoothie.

Hated the Blueberry Bake, any of the chocolate shakes, and the wild rice soup.

So true! I have lost 50# and had to finally stop wearing a uniform bottom because they falling off, and my other pairs just fit. This keeps me mindful of were I've been and where I'm going!! Love the MF 5&1 program! So easy and portable for me since schedule varies! Trying for a few more #'s before TA Nov 2nd!!

Nothing keeps the weight off like getting rid of all your "big" clothes after buying the smaller sizes ;-)

Did a little happy dance today, reached my first 25 pound mark!:D Now onto the next 25.... As many of you have previously stated it's been rather easy so am hoping it continues on the same way. Thinking about stepping up my exercise but don't want to impact the losing. What has been your experience in this regard?

I was told that if one is following the plan, the calorie restriction makes it hard to add much excercise. I do water exercise and walking and I suppose I could add a bit more walking and still stay on the plan.

I just did my weekly weigh-in, the weight that I email my coach. I lost just .2 pounds. I suppose that is better than gaining. Maybe I should add some walking to my life.

I was on Medifast last year and lost 10 pounds. My doctor made me go off it because the diet raised my calcium levels. we know it was the diet since after going off, my levels went back to normal. It's the only thing that has worked for me, so I'm starting back today. Hope I can stick to it since most of my clothing doesn't fit.

Did a little happy dance today, reached my first 25 pound mark!:D Now onto the next 25.... As many of you have previously stated it's been rather easy so am hoping it continues on the same way. Thinking about stepping up my exercise but don't want to impact the losing. What has been your experience in this regard?

Your just suppose to not work out for your first few weeks of starting medifast. After that, they encourage working out.

Your just suppose to not work out for your first few weeks of starting medifast. After that, they encourage working out.

Currently I am averaging 210 minutes of cardio (steady minutes after the first 10 minutes) walking in each week plus 45 minutes of gentle yoga. The MF center mentioned being careful not to get into starvation mode because of the reduced amount of calories I take in. I'm meeting with a trainer on Friday and have provided her with all my information and concerns. Will see what happens.

Wow. Sounds like your doing really good. Let me know what trainer says. Sometimes, you need to switch things up for a little while. If you always eat your lean and green at 5, take a few days and eat lean and green at noon. Sometimes this will kick in weight loss. I was putting red and yellow peppers on my salads, and not losing weight. Found out that was too much natural sugar for me. I was told to just eat green peppers. That was when I started to lose weight. I had been on medifast 1 month and lost 3 lbs. I was ready to throw in the towel. I thank God I didn't. This has been the best thing for me! :)

Wow. Sounds like your doing really good. Let me know what trainer says. Sometimes, you need to switch things up for a little while. If you always eat your lean and green at 5, take a few days and eat lean and green at noon. Sometimes this will kick in weight loss. I was putting red and yellow peppers on my salads, and not losing weight. Found out that was too much natural sugar for me. I was told to just eat green peppers. That was when I started to lose weight. I had been on medifast 1 month and lost 3 lbs. I was ready to throw in the towel. I thank God I didn't. This has been the best thing for me! :)

Thank you! Funny you should mention switching up the times one eats their lean and green. I figured out a while back that I saw better results when I ate at noonish rather than 5ish so have been switching it up. Trying not to be so rigid. Funny that peppers had that much of an affect. Glad you were didn't hang up the towel. I'll keep you posted on how the training goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started with a trainer on Friday, November 1 and have only lost 1.5 pounds since then. My In-Body was positive showing the muscle weight on the rise and the fat is going down (2 weeks b4 trainer and 2 weeks with) but I paid based on the number on the scale. Wondering if I should hold off the strength training until after I've lost closer to my goal which is another 30 pounds yet? Anyone experience this?

Yeah.. when you work out -- especially hard -- your body compensates by keeping all the fat IN you... so if you're working out hard and want to lose weight, you have to be sure you compensate for the extra work by eating MORE food (protein, mostly) than you otherwise would.... I'd take it easy and get the pounds off using the MF and then gradually increase your activity level.....I'm no expert, though...YMMV

Hap

I agree Hap! My consult at the center earlier this week said the same thing. Up my protein by 2 ounces. That being said, I decided to cut back on the exercise this week and yesterday was down 3 from the week before. Not going to totally dismiss what I learned from the trainer just going to do it in moderation rather than feeling like I'm training for a marathon or boot camp! Thanks again!! Continued success everyone!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app