Anyone here currently on MediFast?

Robin122

Yogurt-I pulled it off of my coaches' MF website- pretty specific, I believe only 2 kinds are "allowed". The one I love is Fage Total 2%- you can use 12ounces (a lot of yogurt!!!) for your lean/day. I usually use individual cup (7 ounces/20 g of protein) for 1/2 of my lean & eat the rest of my lean as dinner. Down another 2.5 pounds here. Only 12 pounds away from my "goal" weight, not sure if it will be my final goal. I may decide to stop at 135 or go even lower. I plan on deciding once I get closer. ;) Hope this helps. I am excited about FINALLY getting back to feeling like ME!

@Britney (re the yogurt):

Ah, okay... didn't realize they were allowing it as a lean and green as really NO dairy is allowed till T/M... but hey, who am I to argue with success.... and I know about those portions... yikes... some of those egg/egg beaters portions for a LG meal are gargantuan. As long as it's working for ya, GREAT.

Cheers... Hap

• 4 weeks later...

I am so happy that I found Medifast. I have lost 29 pounds in about three months. I started at 233 and am down to 204. I leave for my cruise on november18th. My goal is to be at 165. I had a rough start.. I was relapsing every week.. I stopped relapsing and the cravings stopped... at first I would get to day three and then the sugar cravings would kick my butt. I am so glad I made a choice to be good to myself by not giving in to what has kept me unhappy for so long and think about my life long goal to be there for my family. I am so happy to find this thread it brings hope to my journey hearing the stories of success.

Thank you for all who post on this thread!! you have helped me.

I've been researching options for my journey to a healthier lifestyle since the beginning of summer. Have been seriously considering MF. Never would have thought I'd find a group on CC for this type of thing. It would be great to have like-minded people to support this effort. I'll keep you posted when I make my commitment.

Hapster I'm a schnauzer lover too!

Just do it, TIME.... it's the easiest -- well, after the first week or so ;-) but it's the most efficient; let's say that -- diet you will ever do in a short amount of time... in fact, I just restarted this past Monday to finally lose the last 10-15 pounds I didn't lose the first time around.... I only regained about 7 of the 50 pounds I lost in my 9 months of Maintenance, but losing these 10-15 will be a snap inside of three weeks.....

Give me a shout at hpmedifast at gmail dot com as I have a bunch of material and resources to give you if you'd like.... I have a local source here (a Medifast health coach) that sells the food at a slight discount than you'd pay online, and he ships anywhere. And I suggest not going to a center, because it'll cost you a lot for that privilege....I'd be glad to guide you along; I've done it for others....

Here's to being a LOSER.....

Hap

Edited by hapster222

This is my 7th week on MF and it is one of the easiest plans I have ever done. I have lost 13 pounds with 15 to go. The last couple weeks I have just been fluctuating a pound up and down so not making much progress. I know I have been off track a little so will get back on plan. Must be the wine I added back in and too many almonds. I have also discovered too many of the crunch bars in one day are not my friend.

I love not having to figure out what to eat for every meal and that most of my L&G meals are things my husband will eat so no making two meals for dinner. He just adds rice, potato or bread to his.

The key for me is having Lean and green meals that I actually like.

• 4 weeks later...
We sail next May - would love to have some buddies here who are MediFast/Take Shape for Life too!

Just restarted the plan --- last time I went from 298 to 220 in a little over 6 months and then we just quit for some stupid reason (hubby was on plan too) - we didn't do the transition or anything so back up we went.

on my second week and still trying to deal with all the temptations I'm faced with as summer draws to a close. (too many picnics etc that we keep getting invited too --- just having to say no because I'm not strong enough right now)

I went on Medifast in May for my September cruise and went from 247lbs. to 200lbs. in just over 2 months......loved it and was never hungry and learned to eat smaller portion more often and am holding at 205lbs. with a few weeks to go yet....love it!

I went on Medifast in May for my September cruise and went from 247lbs. to 200lbs. in just over 2 months......loved it and was never hungry and learned to eat smaller portion more often and am holding at 205lbs. with a few weeks to go yet....love it!

Can I ask, are you doing this on your own or through a center?

Save the 1,000 bucks and do it on your own... no need for a center, unless you REALLY need your hand held... this plan is a no-brainer as long as you commit 100% to it... don't bother if you're not willing to do that cuz you will just waste your money. You have to really be committed to change your lifestyle; if you don't you will lose the weight, but it will just go back on at the end. Medifast is just a TOOL; just like all the other plans; however, it's probably the MOST efficient tool out there...

I've got a bunch of files and have coached others (no charge ;-) ... I even have a source (MF Health Coach) that will ship anywhere and sells for $13 a box instead of $16 through Medifast....

Send me an email: hpmedifast AT gmail DOT com

(FYI: I just entered my 10th month of Maintenance after hitting goal last October (down 55 pounds, along with better health). Is it easy to maintain? Yes and no. I haven't had a piece of bread since July 2012...no potatoes or pasta, either... and amazingly I don't miss all that stuff... ) And, yes, you CAN cruise and have a great time with a different eating lifestyle. I have a post-cruise manifesto I wrote explaining it if anyone's interested.)

Edited by hapster222

Can I ask, are you doing this on your own or through a center?

A friend from work was a coach and i saw the results on a few other co-workers so i talked to her and she set me up online....i order my own stuff now.....go to tsfl.com takeshapeforlife and search the site to see about it....i love it

Trying to lost several lbs. before my Nov. 2013 cruise and after reading the comment about the success people are having with Medifast I think I'll give it a try. It's quite expensive but if it works, it will be well worth it.

Before I order just wondering what are the best Medifast products to start with? Which are the most flavorful?

Any advise will be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
If you like coffee then try adding 1 Starbucks Via packet (instant coffee) to it before blending!

No, I don't drink coffee. I have given up on the shakes. There are so many other options. I went in and traded my remaining shakes for some soups. I didn't mind the flavor of the mac & cheese but the noodles didn't cook. Must be a trick to it?

No, I don't drink coffee. I have given up on the shakes. There are so many other options. I went in and traded my remaining shakes for some soups. I didn't mind the flavor of the mac & cheese but the noodles didn't cook. Must be a trick to it?

Ah for the Mac n cheese I found it helped to let it soak for awhile before you cook it. 30 minutes or so. Then cook it for the recommended time (I don't remember what it was - I didn't love the taste of it so I only got it once).

I love the pancake and just today finally tried making it into a muffin in the micro. Loved it!

Another fave is making the oatmeal into cookies. Have fun!

Ah for the Mac n cheese I found it helped to let it soak for awhile before you cook it. 30 minutes or so. Then cook it for the recommended time (I don't remember what it was - I didn't love the taste of it so I only got it once).

I love the pancake and just today finally tried making it into a muffin in the micro. Loved it!

Another fave is making the oatmeal into cookies. Have fun!

Thank you! Love the idea of making muffins. Did you just put the batter in a muffin tin? Or is there a trick for this as well. Stacy in MN

Thank you! Love the idea of making muffins. Did you just put the batter in a muffin tin? Or is there a trick for this as well. Stacy in MN

Nope you don't need a muffin tin - mix the pancake (any flavor) with the 2oz water it calls for. Some people add a dash of baking powder but I didn't today and it was still delish. Spray a microwave safe mug with a little Pam cooking spray, pour the batter in and micro for a minute and a half. It should pop right out on a plate. I topped it with a little sugar free syrup. Next time I might add a little Splenda to it and it won't even need the syrup!

Nope you don't need a muffin tin - mix the pancake (any flavor) with the 2oz water it calls for. Some people add a dash of baking powder but I didn't today and it was still delish. Spray a microwave safe mug with a little Pam cooking spray, pour the batter in and micro for a minute and a half. It should pop right out on a plate. I topped it with a little sugar free syrup. Next time I might add a little Splenda to it and it won't even need the syrup!

Thanks again! Wish I was only 18 days aways from my Medi cruise rather than 365! :( Have a fabulous holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

I started TSFL last winter. Down 50 pounds so far. 30 more to go. Been off the plan a couple times due to illness. Its hard to stomach monster antibiotics and live on the 5/1 plan. I hope I can reach my goal before my cruise in February.

I started TSFL last winter. Down 50 pounds so far. 30 more to go. Been off the plan a couple times due to illness. Its hard to stomach monster antibiotics and live on the 5/1 plan. I hope I can reach my goal before my cruise in February.[/quote

Way to keep at it! 50 pounds is awesome!