1st time in St. Kitts- need suggestions

geenafeena

this will be the fist time for st. kitts for my bf and i on the celebrity silhouette in november. we are looking to take a tour of the island, maybe do some shopping, if any, and then go to the beach for a few hours, preferrably a beach with some shade/umbrellas, a bar/restaurant. we don't snorkle, just looking for a nice beach. we prefer not to do the ship's excursions. any recommendations for a tour company? beach?

this will be the fist time for st. kitts for my bf and i on the celebrity silhouette in november. we are looking to take a tour of the island, maybe do some shopping, if any, and then go to the beach for a few hours, preferrably a beach with some shade/umbrellas, a bar/restaurant. we don't snorkle, just looking for a nice beach. we prefer not to do the ship's excursions. any recommendations for a tour company? beach?

see the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1463006

We went with Royston and he took us to a beach after the tour was over.

Regardless, you have to take a trip up to the Fort. The views alone are spectacular! My husand and I were on a company sponsored trip to Nevis a few yrs back and took the ferry to St. Kitts. We just paid a taxi the same amt as the buses were charging for a tour of the island, yet we were on our own schedule, which was really nice.

We are going to be in St. Kitts on the RC Serenade in Feb 2010 and plan to take a catamaran or ferry back to Nevis to go to Sunshines on the Beach for Killer Bees (tasty island punch).

Have fun in Nov!

Christine

We were in St. Kitts last fall, & it was GREAT!! We used Roosevelt as our tour guide & he was awesome!! He is very knowlegeable about the island & very accomodating to whatever time we wanted to spend sightseeing, shopping, or on the beach. We are ready to go back & will definitely look him up when we get there. If you Google "St. Kitts tours" you should find him.

We just got off the Serenade this past Sunday and toured with Thenford Grey. He and his crew were terrific! Very accommodating with taking part of our group to the volcano to hike and the other part on a tour with a beach break at the end. Very professional, courteous and fun. Highly recommend them!

We just got off the Serenade this past Sunday and toured with Thenford Grey. He and his crew were terrific! Very accommodating with taking part of our group to the volcano to hike and the other part on a tour with a beach break at the end. Very professional, courteous and fun. Highly recommend them!

The last time we were in St Kitts we did Zip lining through Sky Safiris and it was just amazing,

We just returned last week from St. Kitts and we toured with Royston tours ( his cousin Ashton was doing the tour) and it was great!! He was knowledgeable about the island and took us into the rainforest to show us such interesting things (ask to see the Shame plants). We drove all over the island with stops at Brimstone Hill, the Batik Factory, the Jefferson plantation, Black Rock, Frigate Bay - too many to mention! Beach time if you want. And then at the end he fed us all some really delicious St. Kitts rotis (not like Jamaican at all).

Wonderful tour, very reasonable price ($45 pp), and just a great day!

Archived