NCL Pearl

West Aussie

Deck 8 is above the public rooms, so I would probably avoid that deck. IMO, the best floors would be deck 9 or 10 - 12 is the deck with the pools, and I wouldn't want to be on the deck directly below those.

As to location on 9 or 10, I'd say somewhat midship, but close enough to the elevator and stairs - which are located at each end of the ship - so that it's not a long trek.

Jade is a great ship! I've been on her twice! Enjoy!

Deck 10. I just got off of her two weeks ago. Deck 11 is just below the pool deck, no thanks. It is sandwiched between decks of passengers without any bars or nightclubs nearby so it is very quiet, plus no one usually comes onto this deck unless they have a room there.

I don't know if you have a particular area on the ship you are partial too. We were on the Pearl last month, in an aft facing mini suite. We loved it. We did hear noise while out on the balcony in the early morning from the Great Outdoors above.

However, as much as we loved our mini suite - there were balcony rooms below our cabins had much larger balconies. If I were looking for a balcony stateroom on the Pearl - I would have shot for one of those. They were partially covered, and partially uncovered - good size, and personally we loved the aft view off the ship.

Good luck choosing. . .

We were in 10668 which is a standard balcony cabin with a large balcony facing the wake. We loved the cabin.

Same cabin 10668. Just checked on board and the cabin seems ideal.

Nice room. Big balcony. Quite corner of the ship. 2 decks below the open decks. I am sitting on balcony having a drink and even with people all being on deck i hear nothing.

After 10:30 noise was gone? When in the morning did noise begin?

I don't recall much noise in the morning, but we were always up by 8-ish. The kids club opened at 9, I think. There was at least one night when there was noise after 10:30 because they were vacuuming or doing some clean up. And another night that was just generally noisy because the seas were a little rough.

Maybe I wouldn't have noticed at all if I didn't have kids who go to bed at 8 PM. But as it was there were nights it was so loud that my son needed to go to sleep with noise canceling headphones. I finally went up to the kids club one evening and asked them to maybe do something less rambunctious, like play board games, after 9:30.

I don't recall much noise in the morning, but we were always up by 8-ish. The kids club opened at 9, I think. There was at least one night when there was noise after 10:30 because they were vacuuming or doing some clean up. And another night that was just generally noisy because the seas were a little rough.

Maybe I wouldn't have noticed at all if I didn't have kids who go to bed at 8 PM. But as it was there were nights it was so loud that my son needed to go to sleep with noise canceling headphones. I finally went up to the kids club one evening and asked them to maybe do something less rambunctious, like play board games, after 9:30.

OK. Thanks. I was afraid it was noise very early and very late. Our next Pearl trip will be in 11578. We were on the deck 11 starboard side last time under the buffet area. We had noise from that for brief periods of time when ever the buffet was being set up or taken down. Turned out to be metal carts rolling across the textured floors. I think any place under deck 12 will have some noise some of the time unfortunately.

Hello fellow West Aussies (we are in Kalgoorlie!). We were on the Pearl last year & loved it. Gorgeous ship, great crew & the main lounge had awesome views. We had a starboard side balcony cabin, which I thought seemed to have the better side for the glaciers. The ship does do a complete turn at the main glacier though so both sides can see it. Just seemed to have a lot longer on the starboard side. We started the day up on deck & as soon as it spun to our side we just went back to our balcony for a perfect view.

Something extra they did on the Glacier Bay day was for lunch they had a salmon bake meal (I think it was about $10 extra), which we found very tasty.

Hope you have a ball.

I don't know if you have a particular area on the ship you are partial too. We were on the Pearl last month, in an aft facing mini suite. We loved it. We did hear noise while out on the balcony in the early morning from the Great Outdoors above.

However, as much as we loved our mini suite - there were balcony rooms below our cabins had much larger balconies. If I were looking for a balcony stateroom on the Pearl - I would have shot for one of those. They were partially covered, and partially uncovered - good size, and personally we loved the aft view off the ship.

Good luck choosing. . .

What cabin were u guys in. Looking to book a cabin soon and want to take advantage of the larger aft decks.

We were in mini suite 11576 on deck 11. It was directly below the kids club, which closes at 10:30 PM. I would absolutely avoid this if you can.

We were in mini suite 11572 and I agree the kids' club above was a nightmare.....some nights the thudding on the floor went on for later than 10.30!. We went to investigate one night and saw someone dressed up as a huge rabbit chasing the kids around!

Having said that deck 11 is a great deck to stay on but we would choose a cabin further along the corridor next time. You are only one deck down from the Garden Cafe here :)

I love The Pearl, she is beautiful.

Same cabin 10668. Just checked on board and the cabin seems ideal.

Nice room. Big balcony. Quite corner of the ship. 2 decks below the open decks. I am sitting on balcony having a drink and even with people all being on deck i hear nothing.

I hope you enjoyed my cabin!:D We would book this again if we were not in a suite.

I was on Deck 9 port side and had zero problems with noise or anything like that. I like to leave my balcony door open, so having loud noises from a public area directly above would probably bug me.

I was to the rear of mid-ship. Actually, I looked at the deck plans and found the cabin number that was right next to the last balcony in the 'mid-ship balcony (BA)' range for that deck. I was in the next category lower, but the last cabin in that category before they became mid-ship category cabins.

I figured I paid about $200 less than whoever had the cabin on the other side of my wall.

I was on 11 in a minisuite below the kids club. Never heard much noise during the day in the cabin or on the balcony. We could faintly here the music by the pool duriing the day on the balcony but it wasn't a problem. The only noise we heard was at night between 10 and 11 when the kids were playing and that was while we were on the balcony. They were playing some kind of game where the kids were running back and forth. They sounded like a herd of elephants lol. I'm sure they were trying to wear them out before returning the kids to their parents. My sister and I found it quite funny and didn't mind it. We never had a noise problem in the cabin and I would happily book that cabin again.

Archived