A must pack item for AK cruise tour???

napunani

I packed night sticks last cruise and removed them thinking the airlines might disallow. Comments?

If you mean Glow Sticks, I have never had an issue with them in my Checked Luggage and I have carried a gallon size zip lock bag full before.

If in carry-on, they would need to be in your 3-1-1 bag since they contain liquid.

What is a 3 1 1 bag?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The TSA Allowance for Liquids in a Carry-on Bag:

3-1-1 for carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume); 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure.

The best binoculars you can afford. I bought some really good binoculars on my second trip to Alaska and I have not regretted it. I love searching the shorelines for animals that most people cannot see with the naked eye. So much fun!

I use the large gallon size freezer, zip lock bags for my camera. Trick is.... put your really good camera in the ziplock bag... Then cut a hole, a little smaller than the lens size when open.

Then put camera in it. Use another bag zip loc freezer bag that you keep camera and other zip loc bag completely zipped up.viola... no moisture

Have done this in Alaska twice and Christmas markets in the freezing rain in Germany 5 times... Works well.

Doesn't look beautiful but it works well.

I use the large gallon size freezer, zip lock bags for my camera. Trick is.... put your really good camera in the ziplock bag... Then cut a hole, a little smaller than the lens size when open.

Then put camera in it. Use another bag zip loc freezer bag that you keep camera and other zip loc bag completely zipped up.viola... no moisture

Have done this in Alaska twice and Christmas markets in the freezing rain in Germany 5 times... Works well.

Doesn't look beautiful but it works well.

When it was raining or when we did river rafting in Juneau I kept my point 'n shoot camera in a waterproof pouch that I bought the year before in Mahogany Bay, Roatan for snorkeling. Now I also own a small waterproof camera.