Ship Time versus Shore Time

SmokinActuary

Hi everyone,

When I visit the Cayman Islands in November, the Caymans will not be on Daylight savings time. We start to tender at 8AM and a tour I want to go on starts at 9 AM Island Time.

If 8am ship time is 9 AM shore time I obviously can't do this, but if 8am is 8 am shore time I can do it but it will be close.

There are three ships in port that day.

What is HAL's practice? How long do you think it will take to get to shore if I get one of the earlier tender tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Interestingly of all the ports I'd be the most careful with in terms of scheduling a tour it would be the Cayman Islands. It's almost a blessing and highly unusual, at least for us, to arrive there on a calm day and have the tenders run smoothly and on time. :)

Do you think 9AM is cutting it close to meet someone at the dock with 3 boats in port?
I don't know. We had a HAL excursion for 9:30, and my first pic from shore is time-stamped 9:25, but I don't have a clue when the first non-excursion people got to shore.

By asking your question, in my opinion, you have answered your question. Why would you want to worry about a schedule you may not make? This is a vacation, look for a better Timed excursion that you won't have to worry about.

Archived