Summit Sep. 04 to Bermuda and hurricane Katia

C 2 C

We were told (on the NCL Gem) that the beaches were closed and that the ferries stopped running during Katia. Is that true? Our captain told us that it was lucky we didn't go to Bermuda because of this. We were supposed to be there Wednesday through Friday, but instead we ended up doing the (less expensive) Florida and Bahamas itinerary.

Just read Sept. 4 HAL Veendam that went to Bermuda; they also had a great time... in Bermuda. Here's their report:We had beautiful sunny weather but with some wind while we were in Bermuda. We left Bermuda on Friday, two hours early, and had some rough seas on Friday night, but the rest of the time it was beautiful.

Some ferries were closed but only one day. Thursday was the 'worst" day but I did an island tour that day and everything was calm and beautiful in St Georges. The passengers on the GEM lost out!!!! We arrived on Monday Sept 5 about 2PM. The weather was gorgeous!! We left on Friday Sept 9 about 5PM and again the weather was gorgeous!! I've never seen such beautiful water! The beaches were open but it was advised you not surf....still saw surfers though.

Some ferries were closed but only one day. Thursday was the 'worst" day but I did an island tour that day and everything was calm and beautiful in St Georges. The passengers on the GEM lost out!!!! We arrived on Monday Sept 5 about 2PM. The weather was gorgeous!! We left on Friday Sept 9 about 5PM and again the weather was gorgeous!! I've never seen such beautiful water! The beaches were open but it was advised you not surf....still saw surfers though.

Sounds wonderful; thanks for sharing.

Archived