Splenda on board the OASIS ?

Yes, they offer a "yellow packet" of sweetener, similar to Splenda. ;) They also have the pink and blue packets.

I did a side by side comparison of blue sweetener and yellow sweetener in my iced tea and I found I quite liked the yellow better. :)

Oh definitely Splenda has a nicer taste [ IMO =] One less thing to pack :p Thanx for the info,,,,,,much appreciated.

Happy Cruising........

DonnaF :D

There have been threads about this before and it made me start thinking about it again. On our past cruise, I looked at the envelopes (did I take a picture of the packets? I'll check.) and there was a "difference" that allows RCI to label their packets as though they are the real thing. It's as simple as a letter change... the generic packets said something like "NutraSweet" whereas the real thing says "Nutrasweet" (or reversed, I can't recall). Just by changing the one letter, I think they can label their generic as such.

Real Splenda is frightfully expensive; I've read reports here that people have seen passengers scoop of handfuls of real Splenda and put them in their pockets. My assumption is that RCI needed to curb this theft and go for a generic alternative, but made all their packaging look as real as possible for all their products - yellow, pink, and blue.

NutraSweet is the generic company that makes the pink, blue and yellow generic packets. If you look at the active ingredient on each packet, it corresponds to the active ingredient in the brand name pink, blue or yellow packet. Therefore, the NutraSweet pink packets are generically equivalent to Sweet and Low, the NutraSweet yellow packets are generically equivalent to Splenda, and the NutraSweet blue packets are generically equivalent to Nutrasweet,

Real Splenda is frightfully expensive; I've read reports here that people have seen passengers scoop of handfuls of real Splenda and put them in their pockets. My assumption is that RCI needed to curb this theft and go for a generic alternative, but made all their packaging look as real as possible for all their products - yellow, pink, and blue.

I didn't think anyone was looking:o

NutraSweet is the generic company that makes the pink, blue and yellow generic packets.... the NutraSweet blue packets are generically equivalent to Nutrasweet,

Yes, the blue is the equivalent to Equal.

I didn't think anyone was looking:o

Puff!!!!!! Shame on you. :p

On our most recent cruise on the Coral Princess [April 2011] they had the generic ones but the Princess cruise prior to that on the Crown [2010] it was definintely Splenda - I will bring a few just in case ;)

Happy Cruising........

DonnaF :D

• 1 year later...

Archived