Cruise is gone from Carnival website ... what happened??

eroller

A while back I saved the November 2, 2011 sailing of CARNIVAL MIRACLE to my favorites on Carnival.com. I've been checking it almost daily. Earlier today I had a look and inside, outside, balcony, and suite categories were all available. In fact it looked like prices had dropped as Carnival added a new pricing category (pack and go rates I think).

Tonight I clicked on my saved cruises link and the sailing doesn't populate. I even went and did a search from scratch and nothing. So what happened? When a sailing is sold out is it completely removed from the Carnival website like it doesn't exist, or would the sailing still list but show sold out? Seems odd the sailing would be sold out when everything showed available earlier this morning. I'm thinking maybe there is a glitch or that Carnival is working on inventory.

Thoughts? I figure some of you are much more familiar with how the website works with sold out sailings than I am.

Thanks!

Ernie

I don't know but I have the same issue with my cruise. I assumed it was sold out as it leaves on Monday.

Maybe that's the case? Just seems odd my sailing showed wide open earlier today then it just went missing.

Ernie

Could have been a full ship charter by a private group.

Happened to us a few years ago.

We were looking at the Legend for our 10th anniversary cruise and it disappeared and wound up as a full ship charter for a nudists cruise.

We wound up on the Freedom and docked next to them in Key West.

Google the sailing to see if a group gobbled it up.(and be happy you did not book and get bumped off the ship by Carnival)

Bill

Could have been a full ship charter by a private group.

Happened to us a few years ago.

We were looking at the Legend for our 10th anniversary cruise and it disappeared and wound up as a full ship charter for a nudists cruise.

We wound up on the Freedom and docked next to them in Key West.

Google the sailing to see if a group gobbled it up.(and be happy you did not book and get bumped off the ship by Carnival)

Bill

How do you google it to find out if a group is on your cruise ?

I'm booked on the Miracle November 2 sailing, and it's not cancelled, chartered or anything. In fact, I just checked the booking engine and it shows up there as well, so it's not sold out (yet). Maybe there was a glitch in the Carnival website?

I know for a fact that the sailing before us (October 25) is a charter cruise (http://www.travelbuff.net/carnival_miracle.htm). However, November 2 is a regular cruise. :)

Thanks everyone. I see the sailing is back, with the same availability as yesterday morning. Not sure why it disappeared? Perhaps Carnival was working on inventory or there was a glitch.

I'm actually booked on the sailing, but I've been keeping an eye on availability for friends that might book as well.

Ernie

Archived