Glory Review Wanted. Recent cruisers please post review!

ashumate2

We also just returned from the Glory on Saturday, was a great week and would highly recommend this cruise to anyone wanting some great fun, relaxation and just an overall great week. I will try and condense my review and post in the next few days. Overall was a great week only a few mishaps...

I posted this under another thread also.

I was on the 3/19 Glory Eastern Caribbean cruise and my family had a GREAT TIME!

Our cabin was terrific and the food was good. We had breakfast in the Platinum dining room every morning (make sure you do this!!) and it was delicious! The pizza was the best I've ever had. Don't miss it!

Our dinner waiter was terrific - there were 8 of us (another family went with us) and the adults were eating 2 entrees each at dinner by the end of the week. Thanks to you all I knew about the steak that you could order every night, even though it was not on the menu. It was filet mignon and my 10 year old son ordered it every night and loved it...he had been looking forward to that for months!

We loved our towel animals and our steward did a fine job! Yep, my 7 year old daughter was so tired that she fell asleep on the chocolate one night!

We had awesome weather (except the last day-but hey we were pretty burned by then). When we couldn't find a chair on Lido Deck (yes it was crowded), we went to the SkyDeck, found chairs and laid out - the view was beautiful (ocean as far as the eye could see) and it was peaceful. We filled our Sport Bottles daily with fruit punch and lemonade and smuggled-in rum and it was grand!

We brought our soft sided cooler on wheels full of soft drinks for the kids and beer for my husband. The ice room was just down the hall so we had ice cold drinks every day. We bought extra rum & beer in St. Thomas and carried it on to our cabin and drank it.

The only bad thing was immigration in St. Thomas. We were the last deck called. The ship docked at 10am and we did not get off till 12:30. I guess that's what happens when you have to run 3500 people through the process.

If I had not been reading these boards I would not have been so wonderfully prepared - THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! Ask away any of you who have questions :) !

P.S. Clothespins were very helpful for wet clothes. Didn't really need the over the door shoe holder.....there was ample shelf space in the bathroom!

I posted this under another thread also.

I was on the 3/19 Glory Eastern Caribbean cruise and my family had a GREAT TIME!

Our cabin was terrific and the food was good. We had breakfast in the Platinum dining room every morning (make sure you do this!!) and it was delicious! The pizza was the best I've ever had. Don't miss it!

Our dinner waiter was terrific - there were 8 of us (another family went with us) and the adults were eating 2 entrees each at dinner by the end of the week. Thanks to you all I knew about the steak that you could order every night, even though it was not on the menu. It was filet mignon and my 10 year old son ordered it every night and loved it...he had been looking forward to that for months!

We loved our towel animals and our steward did a fine job! Yep, my 7 year old daughter was so tired that she fell asleep on the chocolate one night!

We had awesome weather (except the last day-but hey we were pretty burned by then). When we couldn't find a chair on Lido Deck (yes it was crowded), we went to the SkyDeck, found chairs and laid out - the view was beautiful (ocean as far as the eye could see) and it was peaceful. We filled our Sport Bottles daily with fruit punch and lemonade and smuggled-in rum and it was grand!

We brought our soft sided cooler on wheels full of soft drinks for the kids and beer for my husband. The ice room was just down the hall so we had ice cold drinks every day. We bought extra rum & beer in St. Thomas and carried it on to our cabin and drank it.

The only bad thing was immigration in St. Thomas. We were the last deck called. The ship docked at 10am and we did not get off till 12:30. I guess that's what happens when you have to run 3500 people through the process.

If I had not been reading these boards I would not have been so wonderfully prepared - THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! Ask away any of you who have questions :) !

P.S. Clothespins were very helpful for wet clothes. Didn't really need the over the door shoe holder.....there was ample shelf space in the bathroom!

Thanks for the review!!! Sadly I won't experience it until July :(

What deck were you on that was called last?

Also thanks for the part about the shoe holder, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go out and find one, but I didn't want to be without space either.

My first cruise will be on the Glory in 11 days and I'm so excited. I hope my vacation will be a great experience. I have learned alot from these boards in the last few weeks that's for sure! I even went to W-mart and bought the over the door shoe holder-guess I won't need it after all!:) It seems all I've been reading about Glory has been negative lately-it's refreshing to read some positive reviews!

We were on Deck 2. Supposedly, the decks are called randomly for immigration, so that SHOULD mean that it would not necessarily be the last deck to be called.

Also, our friends did the Trunk Bay snorkeling excursion on the day in St. Thomas. They enjoyed the snorkeling but said the lines were terrible and wished they hadn't done it. We grabbed a cab to Coki beach and snorkeled for a couple of hours. It was packed with people like us! Then we grabbed another cab to Magen's Bay for a couple more hours....it was much more peaceful and less crowded.

Thanks for the GREAt review. We just decided to book this cruiseship for this coming July.... I can hardly wait. It will be a much deserved vacation which will come only two weeks after our oldest childs wedding....

We have never sailed the Caribbean or had a balcony, but this time we will have both!

Again, Thanks for the Glory review.

Barb

My first cruise will be on the Glory in 11 days and I'm so excited. I hope my vacation will be a great experience. I have learned alot from these boards in the last few weeks that's for sure! I even went to W-mart and bought the over the door shoe holder-guess I won't need it after all!:) It seems all I've been reading about Glory has been negative lately-it's refreshing to read some positive reviews!

We had a great time on the Glory last September and your cruise will be wonderful, too. Be sure to go to the gym and in the locker rooms look for the secret door that leads to the hidden hot tub inside the spa. Just beautiful and no one was ever in there! :)

Enjoy your cruise, explore that ship from one end to the other, take plenty of pictures! :D

We just got back from the Glory (3/19). My wife, daughter, and I had a great time. We had an inside cabin on the 6th deck, which was one deck above the Promenade deck, and three decks below the buffets in the Red Sail Restaurant.

Food was great anywhere you went! You could also eat healthy all week!

St. Thomas - debarkation went alright. A lot of organization for 3500 people. We went on a tour with Godfrey's Tours, which I highly recommend. Shopping at the Havensight Mall was good. They have the same stores that are downtown.

St. Maarten - We rented a Jeep Wrangler fRom Arthur's Car Rental. He was very good and a very personable man. His rates are very competitive. He's located across the street from the cruise ship docks. Car rental was the way to go on St. Maarten. You can go at your own pace and see the entire island in less than half a day. If you do, you've got to go to Busbey's Beach Bar and Grill and Dawn Beach. It's a really nice little place right on the beach. We sat there and had lunch and just watched the ocean. It was great! And it was away from all the hustle and bustle of Phillipsburg and Marigot.

Weather was fantastic until the last night when it rained a little. There wasn't much difficulty in finding deck chairs. There are a lot of them.

The staff on the Glory were very hospitable and gracious. Carlos, the cruise director was also very good.

We came back from the cruise very impressed! We're now back in Ohio hoping to get a few glimpses of Spring!

I would not be so quick to leave the over the door shoe holder home. I think its one of the best carry on amenities you can bring especially considering how compact it is. If you don't use it there is nothing lost. For everyone who didn't think they need it there are many more who find it a life saver.

I would not be so quick to leave the over the door shoe holder home. I think its one of the best carry on amenities you can bring especially considering how compact it is. If you don't use it there is nothing lost. For everyone who didn't think they need it there are many more who find it a life saver.

Hmm...maybe I will get it then. Is it fairly easy to pack? All I can picture is the heavy ones on the back of the door, is this one more like pockets?

From p[ersonal experience, with 3 people, the over the door shoe holder works great because someone could be in the bathroom when you need something. You don't have to wait till they get out, just grab it from the holder! Plus it got used for lots of non-bathroom items too!

Glad to hear the positive comments on the Glory. Post more :)

We were on Deck 2. Supposedly, the decks are called randomly for immigration, so that SHOULD mean that it would not necessarily be the last deck to be called.

Also, our friends did the Trunk Bay snorkeling excursion on the day in St. Thomas. They enjoyed the snorkeling but said the lines were terrible and wished they hadn't done it. We grabbed a cab to Coki beach and snorkeled for a couple of hours. It was packed with people like us! Then we grabbed another cab to Magen's Bay for a couple more hours....it was much more peaceful and less crowded.

Was there good snorkling and calm waters at Magen's Bay??

We just got back a couple of weeks ago and are going back again in a month. This will be our 4th time on this ship. You will love it.

I'm glad to hear this. I read WAY too many reviews about the Glory and the lousy customer service. I know these people work unbelievable hours and are exhausted, but I'd like to see a smile or two on board from the crew.

We just got back from the Glory (3/19). My wife, daughter, and I had a great time. We had an inside cabin on the 6th deck, which was one deck above the Promenade deck, and three decks below the buffets in the Red Sail Restaurant.

Food was great anywhere you went! You could also eat healthy all week!

St. Thomas - debarkation went alright. A lot of organization for 3500 people. We went on a tour with Godfrey's Tours, which I highly recommend. Shopping at the Havensight Mall was good. They have the same stores that are downtown.

St. Maarten - We rented a Jeep Wrangler fRom Arthur's Car Rental. He was very good and a very personable man. His rates are very competitive. He's located across the street from the cruise ship docks. Car rental was the way to go on St. Maarten. You can go at your own pace and see the entire island in less than half a day. If you do, you've got to go to Busbey's Beach Bar and Grill and Dawn Beach. It's a really nice little place right on the beach. We sat there and had lunch and just watched the ocean. It was great! And it was away from all the hustle and bustle of Phillipsburg and Marigot.

Weather was fantastic until the last night when it rained a little. There wasn't much difficulty in finding deck chairs. There are a lot of them.

The staff on the Glory were very hospitable and gracious. Carlos, the cruise director was also very good.

We came back from the cruise very impressed! We're now back in Ohio hoping to get a few glimpses of Spring!

We are looking for quiet beaches away from the crowds. Glad to hear about Dawn Beach. Were there a lot of hustlers (vendors) on this beach? Could you rent chairs and umbrellas or waverunners??

It IS A LIFESAVER!! We are always thankful we have it. When we lose something, we KNOW where to find it......in the shoeholder!

Magnifique-I just picked one up at Wal-mart for about $5. It is not bulky at all-it comes all folded up and has the pockets on it. It won't take up alot of space in your luggage at all.

Cool. Where exactly did you find it? With storage and organization things?

Archived