Veendam IN Hamilton

Doug0

I know this is a basic question, but it's important to us due to mobility issues.

We're looking to take a Veendam NYC-Bermuda in the next month, but would like to confirm that the "Hamilton" port really is right downtown, and convenient to the public buses. (Last Bermuda cruise we ran into a local holiday we didn't know about and the pier-side shuttle to the bus station didn't run.)

Thanks if you can help.

It docks right downtown on Front Street. However, you can't catch a bus there. The bus is ending its run at that point and proceeding from there to the bus teminal...in my experience passengers are not permitted to board there. You ahve to go to the bus terrminal which is a few blocks away and you have to walk up a fairly steep hill.

Be prepared to walk up two narrow, steep inclines when you exit the ship to get to street level. Pushing my grandmother (who normally uses a walker) in a wheelchair was quite a task (glad it wasn't mine) going back down wasn't so fun either.

Just wanted you to be aware since you have mobility issues.

Laura

Archived