Travel Insurance for Non-Refundable Excursions

candydane

We are considering 2 different snorkelling excursions in Kona Hawaii on our Wind cruise next summer. Both excursions are non-refundable without at least a 24 hour notice. Unfortunately NCL doesn't offer either of the 2 we're considering or we'd just book with NCL.

Has anyone had (or know of) experience with travel insurance for non-refundable excursions missed because the ship missed, or was late to, a scheduled port? We'll be on the Wind and it's the port after our 2-day-at-sea return from Fanning Island so there's always a chance the Wind will miss Kona due to inclement weather or mechanical problems.

I have an e-mail from insuremytrip.com and CSA insurance that says non-refundable excursions included in the total insured cost of trip are covered if missed due to weather or mechanical causes. However, TravelSafe insurance told me I'd have to call them instead of their answering my e-mail. When I did, the rep. said such excursions are not covered, even if their cost is included in the total trip cost covered by the policy. Obviously they didn't want to put their answer in writing. 2 of our party of 4 are insured with CSA but the other 2 are already insured with TravelSafe.

Archived